Dieselgate again ?

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Wow! I have 2015 Passat. Its a good thing.... I think. Hopefully they find the solution, pronto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI, 2011 Touareg TDI
Interesting. Because I don't drive at that speed maybe I won't see the problem? Highest speed limit around here is 70 MPH and an occasional boost to around 80 is possible but that is to clear a hazard or quickly get around a vehicle then back down to my cruising speed.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
Goodmonkey, same here. I think i’ll set my speed warning to 75 mph just in case. I wonder if having the adblue heater service action done helps this situation?

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI, 2011 Touareg TDI
Goodmonkey, same here. I think i’ll set my speed warning to 75 mph just in case. I wonder if having the adblue heater service action done helps this situation?
I don't know, but I had that service done with the heater core last month.

I just saw where you're at. I used to laugh a little seeing the sign for that exit when I was headed to the coast as a teenager.

Lex Tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
Got the notice a couple days ago. I am usually at 80 or above and i have driven well over 15-20k without issues... will be getting it in the next couple of weeks....

fredthe

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagon SEL DSG
VW sent me a letter saying they've fixed the issues. Emissions mods are again available, and if you've already had the mod an update is available. They claim no impact in DEF consumption (or anything else) with the correction, so it sounds like it was possibly a bug in the MIL logic, rather than needing to change control parameters.