2015 Passat SE TDI

dieselbill

TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6 speed sedan Titanium Beige and 06 Jetta Sedan TDI 5 speed Wheat Beige
We took delivery of a titanium beige exterior/corn silk interior Passat SE TDI. Thanks to this site we knew to check the engine oil (low) and the owner's manual on engine oil capacity (incorrect). Otherwise thrilled with this vehicle! It is everything we wanted and so much more. The learning curve will be challenging but this site will no doubt be of great assistance.
After eighteen years our daily driver, 1997 Passat TDI with 250,000+ miles will be put up for sale soon with literally a hundred or more extra parts. Thanks to ALL members for their generous assistance.

Last edited:

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Congratulations! Good luck with your new purchase.

Please post how low the oil was, and what your owner's manual says about crankcase oil capacity. Also, the publication date of your owner's manual.

dieselbill

TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6 speed sedan Titanium Beige and 06 Jetta Sedan TDI 5 speed Wheat Beige
Oil level was down 1/2 liter, dealer acted surprised that I would want to check the oil after they had "prepped the car". They reacted as if they were unaware of the oil capacity issue. Owner's manual was printed in July 2014 and lists oil capacity as 4.5 qts. or 4.3 liters. Tires are a newer model of Hankook, Kinergy GT, that initially feel and sound better than the Optimo's on the test car we drove. Time will tell.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
dieselbill: Did you question them about the oil capacity listed in the owner's manual? Are you willing to do so?

ZippyNH

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA TDI SE
Oil level was down 1/2 liter, dealer acted surprised that I would want to check the oil after they had "prepped the car". They reacted as if they were unaware of the oil capacity issue. Owner's manual was printed in July 2014 and lists oil capacity as 4.5 qts. or 4.3 liters. Tires are a newer model of Hankook, Kinergy GT, that initially feel and sound better than the Optimo's on the test car we drove. Time will tell.
Guess I got lucky...
Mine has Continental's (its a Jetta though)..have had iffy luck with both Hankook and Optimo's....incidentally my dealer got it as a swap for a car a dealer in Maine wanted...was the "showroom Queen" of the dealership...so spent the last few months inside....
Noticed my oil was Mid-level..so OK...
Check the book...see if yours has any TDI info..I understand many cars were shipped was Gas ONLY books...my car had no book, so the dealer grabbed one from another car that was getting prepped....

dieselbill

TDI
tdiatlast, I did question them AND showed them a copy of part of a VWOA bulletin that listed corrected volumes. They didn't seem terribly concerned.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
dieselbill: Please consider posting your experience in this thread:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=437673

Yes, I'm nagging, but I think this issue is very important to those buying 2015 NMS Passat TDIs. If I were you, I'd phone the dealership, ask to speak to the shop director, explain the issue (again!) and ask what VWoA is doing to clarify the discrepancy.

big_ole_truck

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 VW Passat TDI SEL
Enjoy the new ride. I hated those Hankooks on my old Jetta and Passat. Hope they are wonderfully improved.