Slide Hammer

gottdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 TDI Yellow Beetle GLS
How do I modify a slide hammer to extract the injectors without damge to the threads. I have not figured that one out yet. I am going to get me a slide hammer from the local auto parts store but don't know if it will work out of the box for the injectors. Can anyone help. I have my PP764's on the way. I want to be ready. :D

Thanks
Pete

PS I do have a wirefeed welder if I need one.

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
IIRC I went to a local fastener supplier in town and i think it's a m14 nut and welded mine on, works like a charm did some injectors with it the other day def a nice thing to have.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
you can also buy the vw tool.
I went to the dealer to get it, and my parts guy told me to get it direct. A company called Equipment Solutions 1-800-892-9650. The part # for the puller is T10055. I havent ordered it yet, but I will soon. I'll let ya'll know.
Its an Erwin tool I believe, and it has different attachments for different injectors, etc.

Last edited:

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Pooper, is that a set-up with adapters to pull injectors on the PD as well as the VE fuel systems?

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
nice one :) wish I had one of those pretty hefty price tag for me though for the amount i would use it

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
I'll use it for every timing belt and clutch job I do. Torque and angle measure all in one. :)

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
That Torque wrench looks sweet. So apparently even if you set it at 100 Ft Lbs, you could still use it to do the final turn. My problem is that most of the Torque-turn bolts I run into are too tight for one only 17 inches long.

I wonder if the 1/2 inch drive has the angle feature.

But, I have torque wrenches, what I need is a new 3/8 impact.

jackbombay

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A4 Jetta
Ohhhh, Ahhhhhh, my friend had an IR Ultra duty 3/8" impact driver, it was BOSS. I really want one of their "knuckle savers" like an air ratchet, but it impacts to save your knuckles ;-)

fixumrich

The Periodontist
TDI
2001 bug
slide hammer

The tool oldpoop is showing is really not that expensive .. just call the dealer and give them the vag tool # and they can order it for ya .. It also works on PD nozzles.. If they don't have it in stock the can or it for ya .. All the tools come out of the East Coast.. Pa to be exact. Later Rich ! :rolleyes:

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
Hey Rich. I actually went to Rey Reece to get the tool, and they told me to order direct. They actually get the tools from equipment solutions too. Then they mark up! Eeekk.
Whitedog, I've actually got an older version of that impact, only 1/2". Its really nice. Best part, I worked out a barter for it with the snap-on guy, and he never came to collect. That was back in 01.... Free is good.
:)

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
fixumrich said:
The tool oldpoop is showing is really not that expensive .. just call the dealer and give them the vag tool # and they can order it for ya .. It also works on PD nozzles.. If they don't have it in stock the can or it for ya .. All the tools come out of the East Coast.. Pa to be exact. Later Rich ! :rolleyes:
I was talking the torque rench for $405

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
yeah, spendy, but I actually got it on fleabay for $325. It will be invalueable to me. The more I work on cars, greater the % of $ I make goes into purchasing tools. High quality tools too.

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
oldpoopie said:
yeah, spendy, but I actually got it on fleabay for $325. It will be invalueable to me. The more I work on cars, greater the % of $ I make goes into purchasing tools. High quality tools too.
agreed if I was trusted as respected on here as much as you are I would also be purchasing tools such as that :)

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
Flattered, but it really comes down to not wanting to purchase tools twice. I've gotten burnt by cheap tools too often.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
How much is that OEM Vag tool? It looks nicer than my homemade version I made a few years ago:

Mine only cost $7 in parts from a hardware store. But since the threaded rod and the M14 nut were not the same thread, I had to have it welded to the end. But works just fine.

There is also the Metalnerd puller:

Chuck was nice enough to send me one for Free after showing him my homemade one at TDI Fest in Boston. Thanks again Chuck

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
hmm. Forgot Chuck made one!!! his is $39.00

here is the quote I got from VW:

ITEM MWGT10055 EXTRACTOR $48.35 IN STOCK
WAYS TO PLACE AN ORDER IS VIA PHONE @ 800-892-9650 / FAX @ 800-892-9651 OR ON THE WEB www.tools.vw.com

thanks you.
Now I dont know what to do. I need a few things from Chuck, and love to support him, but the VW tool comes with pd accessories....... hmmmmm.

Last edited:

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
$50 is a great price for the Vag tool. Since it comes with the PD attachment, it would make sense to spend the extra $10. Mybe Chuck could add an adapter to his for the PD's?