Holiday Group Buy--VR6 clutch kits W/Flywheel & Various Brake Kits

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Ok folks--just in time for the holidays. I am going to offer some group buy pricing on a few items and hope that we have sufficient interest. I prefer payment by check or money order, I can also take payment via my Paypal account (but I hate the fees of Paypal--almost $20/kit! :(). My paypal address is the email address in my profile. I also can take direct bank deposits via Wells Fargo; whatever you decide to do, please make note of username, shipping address, and any other parts you are after with your payment. Payment must be received in full by the shipping date, which will be on Monday December 18th via USPS. All items will be at your door by that Friday...just in case you were looking for something to do over the holiday weekend! :D Group buy price will be good through the end of December, after which the price will go back up.

1) New VR6 clutch kit with Single Mass Flywheel, 6 PP and 6 flywheel bolts: $365 shipped (Usually $425 shipped)
*Note: My recent thread stated that I could do these for $350 shipped with you sending me back your old flywheel. I am now not requiring your old flywheel to be sent back which saves you that shipping cost. Also, these are new flywheels which cost a bit more than the remanufactured, but in the end I think it's the best for everyone. :)

2) A4 Zimmermann Cross drilled front and rear rotors with AKEBONO Ceramic Pads: $375 shipped (Usually $435 shipped)

OR

A4 Brembo front and rear rotors with AKEBONO Ceramic Pads: $275 shipped (Usually $295 shipped)

(And for the A3/B4 Folks)
Zimmermann Cross drilled front rotors with AKEBONO Ceramic Pads: $225 shipped (Usually $250 shipped)

So...Don't know the best way to organize this except post which items you are after. Hope this puts a few smiles on everyone's faces! :D

Happy Holidays!
-BB

VR6 Clutch Kits with Flywheel, & Bolts (*'s need transmission seal (Add $50)):
(Bold names have paid--Green names have shipped)
1) TDImark
2) Mjanney
3) Snowcub
4) *JettaJoy
5) SLPRTDI
6) r5_9
7) JungleDeath
8) *Doofus (Canada)
9) Holzinger (+2 Bosch oil filters, 1 Meyle Fuel Filter)
10) Roadlust (Local Pickup)
11) Buttonfly (+Exhaust Nut Bolts)
12) Chirorob
13) *tbtreat (Local Pickup)
14) Emka
15) Nukefission
16) No Exit

Clutch only ($165)

1) KCTDI

Flywheel only ($225)
1)

A4 Zimmermann Brakes:
1) Nukefission (maybe)

A4 Brembo Brakes:
1) Nukefission (maybe)

A3/B4 Zimmermann Brakes:
1)

Last edited:

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
Do the clutch kits include everything needed to do the installation, i.e. stretch bolts and rear seal?

BleachedBora

TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Sorry--they do come with flywheel bolts and pressure plate bolts. They do NOT come with the rear main seal. When I did my kit I did not replace the pressure plate or flywheel bolts, and everything is fine. I know of many others that have done the same thing with no problems....
Oh well, some people just want to replace them ;)
In any case, if you want the rear main seal I can sell them for an additional $50.
Thanks!
-BB

Last edited:

48 MPG

Veteran Member
TDI
97 Passat
Clutch kit...for my B4

BB -- Thanks for responding to my request of a couple of weeks ago to come up with a better price on a clutch kit!

BleachedBora

TDI
48: You're welcome!
Arvina: Well--you have three weeks! Get crackin' ;)

BleachedBora

TDI
I think that just might work... :p

Funny, I thought that there would be a bit more interest...*shrugs*

Vindiesel6

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 VW Golf GLS TDI & 2015 Q5 TDI
I may be interested in the clutch kit. It is a little soon though, unless I find my way to an RC3 before X-mas... So pardon me if this has already been addressed elsewhere but can you list the complete contents of the clutch kit, weight of the flywheel, and brand of clutch included? Thanks

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
My clutch started slipping again this morning, so put me down for a clutch kit. I can get the rear seal locally if I need it.

Thanks!

BleachedBora

TDI
List updated!

Vindiesel6: I just flew home this morning for Thanksgiving, but if I remember right the flywheel weighs 23 lbs. +/- 1 lb.
The clutch kit is part number 021 198 141. 021 198 141A also works. Brand is SACHS, it's the OEM VR6 228mm clutch along with pressure plate and throwout bearing. Although I've never replaced the pressure plate or flywheel bolts myself, (neither has many of my friends when they've done the job), they are available upon request. I believe that the pressure plate bolts come with locktite, and so technically they do not need to be replaced, but I'm going off 2 hours of sleep and might be getting that backwards. ;)
Now, if someone is feeling adventerous, I can get the GTI 240mm SACHS clutch kit for $375, part number is 06A 198 141C. Supposedly it should be able to fit, but perhaps someone who has tried this can chime in and let us know if this would work as a Stage II upgrade or not...
Thanks all--hope that made sense, I'm off to bed! ;)
-BB

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
On an A4 it is necessarily to replace the flywheel bolts. The bolts for the dual mass flywheel have a larger head and a conical seat(from what I remember) and do not work with the single mass flywheel.

BleachedBora

TDI
That makes perfect sense; so flywheel bolts should be replaced, but pressure plate bolts are fine?
Guess I should be glad that I came with an A3, I didn't even need to replace my flywheel! :p
Oh, and turbo surge--what's that? ;)
(Now someone is going to say "ABS, ESP, 4-wheel disc brakes etc... what's that?")
-BB

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
BleachedBora said:
Now, if someone is feeling adventerous, I can get the GTI 240mm SACHS clutch kit for $375, part number is 06A 198 141C. Supposedly it should be able to fit, but perhaps someone who has tried this can chime in and let us know if this would work as a Stage II upgrade or not...
Thanks all--hope that made sense, I'm off to bed! ;)-BB
My old Jetta had that clutch setup. You couldn't make it slip with any chip/nozzle combo, and I really tried.

EDIT: I've received a bunch of PMs/E Mails about this message. I can't help you for two reasons. One, This was on my departed A3 Jetta, and Two, I didn't install it. It was installed by the local VW hotrod shop just before I got the car.

Last edited:

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
BleachedBora said:
That makes perfect sense; so flywheel bolts should be replaced, but pressure plate bolts are fine?
Guess I should be glad that I came with an A3, I didn't even need to replace my flywheel! :p
Oh, and turbo surge--what's that? ;)
(Now someone is going to say "ABS, ESP, 4-wheel disc brakes etc... what's that?")
-BB
Thinking back now again, the pressure plate bolts were a different length between the dual mass setup and the single mass setup. Again talking about the mk4.

Oh, did I mention how much of a smokin deal this was?

BleachedBora

TDI
So what you're telling me is that VW actually changed some parts from one model to another? Seesh, who would think that they would do such a dastardly thing! :p
Alright, I'll look into this a bit more, but it looks like I am going to have to get well stocked in both pressure plate and flywheel bolts...

BleachedBora

TDI
SLP,
Sorry I missed that--I'm not 100% sure, I just sourced these and I'm working on setting up the account right now. I'll find out tomorrow and get back to you...
-BB

BleachedBora

TDI
These are direct from the manufacturer that makes them for VW--complete with VW part number and the VW symbol. He also said that they are straight from the manufacturers casting...
So I hope that answers your question...
Oh--I can get lightened flywheels as well for those of you that want them.
Thanks!
-BB

Vindiesel6

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 VW Golf GLS TDI & 2015 Q5 TDI
What would be the advantages/disadvantages of the lightened flywheel also, how light are they? I know lighter allows for faster spool up of the motor but how does this affect vibration at idle and rotating mass while cruising at highway speeds?

SLPRTDI

TDI
Jetta 99.5 Met Green
Well looks like you will have to order up a package for me, G60 flywheel and VR6 Clutch and Press Plate and throwout bearing. Oh, the stubby heah flywheel bolts will come with also, right??

Let me know how you need payment and to who.
Thanks

BleachedBora

TDI
Sounds good--thanks guys.
Regarding the lightened flywheel, I have an A3 and haven't used it--from reading around on the forum though some people really like them, and some people really hate them. I'll have to bow out of that discussion and respectfully ask that some who have had lightened flywheels chime in here...
I can get pricing tomorrow and get back to you all if there is interest in them. I can probably get different stages as well (but I don't want to make things too complex, truth be told if you know how to drive a manual we'll never put out enough power to overcome the VR6--some of the highest power cars are running them with no problems...) :)
-BB

Last edited:

JungleDeath

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Golf_11 JSW
BleachedBora said:
Funny, I thought that there would be a bit more interest...*shrugs*
Deeeyaam, who do I write the check to...and where would you like me to send it.

I'm not sure how else to get the word out.

BleachedBora

TDI
Lol! I wrote that 3 days into this with no one interested at the time--I'm happy with how things are going right now though :) I just ordered 20 kits so as to make sure that there will not be a shortage, so if I don't go through that many we'll see what happens.
I am a bit suprised though that no one has spoken for the brake kits. Those are popular items of mine and I figured there would be more interest on those. Oh well there is still some time :)