Wiper Blades Other Than OEM?

redneck47441

TDI
2014 Jetta
Can anyone direct me to a wiper blade that fits my 14 and is better than stock? I personally do not think the stock wiper blades are worth a crap.

mklabunde

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
Can anyone direct me to a wiper blade that fits my 14 and is better than stock? I personally do not think the stock wiper blades are worth a crap.
I have
Anco C-24-N Contour Wiper Blades (24") drivers side
Anco C-19-N Contour Wiper Blades (19") passenger side

on my 2012 and they work great and were plug and play

briancpearce

TDI
2013 JSW, 2014 Beetle
Thanks for the info on the wipers. I bought some of the same Bosh Icon blades that I normally get for my wife's 2013 Jetta TDI Sportwagen and when I went to install them on my 2014 Beetle, I realized tab A didn't go into slot B. I hadn't ever seen that style of wiper blade connection before, but I suppose that's not saying much. I hope Bosch starts producing the Icon for our connection style because I've never used a better blade before. In any case, I ordered the Anco blades and we'll see how well they work. Anything must be better than the lousy OEM blades.

TDIx2

Veteran Member
Saginaw Mi ~ looking out for deer and dangerous pe
TDI
2014 Jetta
Thanks for the info on the wipers. I bought some of the same Bosh Icon blades that I normally get for my wife's 2013 Jetta TDI Sportwagen and when I went to install them on my 2014 Beetle, I realized tab A didn't go into slot B. I hadn't ever seen that style of wiper blade connection before, but I suppose that's not saying much. I hope Bosch starts producing the Icon for our connection style because I've never used a better blade before. In any case, I ordered the Anco blades and we'll see how well they work. Anything must be better than the lousy OEM blades.
I seen the icons at Wally mart said they fit both the sedan and the wagon. I checked with Bosch website and seen they don't fit the sedan. I did have a thought about taking the icon wiper apart and seeming if the blade insert out of the icons would slide into the oem wiper housing.

DieselMann99

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI w/ Premium, DSG (Buyback Nov 2018); 2013 Jetta TDI (bought Dec 2018); also, bought a CPO 2017 Passat TSI (Nov 2018)
I just bought a pair of Bosch Icon blades for my 2013 Jetta. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to put them on. The online videos from Bosch and others are of no help at all. I had this issue once before buying a different brand, and I gave up and bought the OEM blades.

1) Is there something about the Jetta wiper arm design that it can only use OEM blades?

2) Are there different Bosch Icon blades with different fittings and adapters? (I know there's an A and B for driver's and passenger side.) I thought there's only one Bosch Icon for a given size.

Searching around here and the Internet, I see some comments saying that you have to buy OEM, and others saying they bought aftermarket and it worked fine.

If I can't get this resolved today, I'm just going to buy the OEM blades from the dealer. I've had good experience with them, but was hoping for an upgrade.

Last edited:

ACHTUNG TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS Sedan, Silver (sold); 2016 Jetta TSI 1.8t Sport, 5 sp, LP; 2014 BMW 328d xDrive Sport Wagon (wife's)
I have a 2016 Jetta Sport TSI. I replaced factory blades with Bosch Icons, 24 OE driver and 19 OE passenger. The packaging must say ClearMax 365 for the correct adapters.

DieselMann99

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI w/ Premium, DSG (Buyback Nov 2018); 2013 Jetta TDI (bought Dec 2018); also, bought a CPO 2017 Passat TSI (Nov 2018)
I have a 2016 Jetta Sport TSI. I replaced factory blades with Bosch Icons, 24 OE driver and 19 OE passenger. The packaging must say ClearMax 365 for the correct adapters.
Thank you. I actually just found that out today after speaking to Bosch.

Where did you buy yours from?

I ordered from Amazon, and it doesn't show ClearMax 365 in the picture of the package, but most in the Q&A said it is ClearMax 365. But one person in the Q&A said it wasn't ClearMax 365 and he had to return it.

I wish this was easier.

Last edited:

ACHTUNG TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS Sedan, Silver (sold); 2016 Jetta TSI 1.8t Sport, 5 sp, LP; 2014 BMW 328d xDrive Sport Wagon (wife's)
I bought mine at AutoZone. Pep Boys has them also. Advanced Auto does not.

ATLSilverTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Special Edition Jetta - Silver
Wiper Arm Tab size

My 2014, even though it has the newer "tab" on the wipe arm, is a different size than prior years. So i have a few Valeo's and RainEaters and they do not fit. I had to buy OEM from the dealer to replace worn out wipers.

chaoscreature

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Special Edition
I didn't know what to do with my Dieselgate dealership credit... I ended up getting a lifetime supply of wipers, fuel and oil filters :)

I tried the Bosch ones a few years back and they stuck up funny with the adapters. They worked fine, but they were fugly.

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
I am going to try Aero next from Amazon. Just replaced Forester wipers.
2 sizes came in same box and seemed vehicle specific with no adapters
Cheap and work perfect- smooth operation no chatter

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline DSG
Using Bosch Clear Advantages at the moment with the supplied adapters. Working ok for now.

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
I am going to try Aero next from Amazon. Just replaced Forester wipers.
2 sizes came in same box and seemed vehicle specific with no adapters
Cheap and work perfect- smooth operation no chatter
Checked Amazon and B5.5 19+21" Aeros are 19.95 delivered with no adapters needed.

dhuddleson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Highline TDI sedan
If you shop on rockauto.com, they are pretty good at providing photos of the wiper blades, usually with enough detail to see the connector style. I have bought for Mk4 Jetta, B5.5 Passat and Audi A3 with success and decent prices.