got the emissions mod fix today

RuneTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium, 97 passat tdi (SOLD)
just got back from danbury vw in ct. they also fixed the snow screen recall, no o2 sensor needed. got there at 810am for my 815 appt. they said about 2 hours. i was driving home at 1005. early and initial signs show no noticable changes. i'm a car guy and was slightly expecting something but on my 20 mile drive home, i really couldnt feel any differences. its possible it might be a tad louder, but im not sure. diesels make some noise. it was fine for me, any rattle or foreign noise in the car drives me crazy until i find it. i wont be commuting with the car until next week, so for now, 47 mpg on the ride home was ok. im now waiting for a follow up email to get get paid in full. as of now, im glad i kept the car. i love this car. yep, i said it.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
My fix was done last Monday, had the check by that wed via fex ex

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
shifts to late for my taste, but its the wife's car so its all good. She hasn't noticed any difference other than the cooling fans running full speed all the time

RuneTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
i got an email last night for my choice of payment. i recieved full payment this morning, online.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
shifts to late for my taste, but its the wife's car so its all good. She hasn't noticed any difference other than the cooling fans running full speed all the time
Too late? Wow, that's different. My GSW DSG wants to be in 6th gear by the time I hit 35mph. I actually knock it into Sport mode now from a start to hold the shifts past 2k rpm.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
yup, at part throttle on country roads it hangs the shift until 2500RPM but once in the gear, say 4th uphill it will hold it until the car is lugging @ 1100rpm before it grabs 3rd so its kinda both bad parts put together

New Mickey

The user formerly known as mickey
TDI
2015 Passat
Got mine done today. I don't notice anything different. We'll see what the hardware "upgrade" does next year. (If I don't like it....well....things break, don't they.)

-mickey

camper12

TDI
2011 Golf TDI, 2013 Passat SEL TDI
How do we go about getting the check? Had mine done on the 13th and have not heard anything back.

Flyboy777

TDI
2012 VW Passat TDI W DSG
I LOVE my NMS Passat.

just got back from danbury vw in ct. they also fixed the snow screen recall, no o2 sensor needed. got there at 810am for my 815 appt. they said about 2 hours. i was driving home at 1005. early and initial signs show no noticable changes. i'm a car guy and was slightly expecting something but on my 20 mile drive home, i really couldnt feel any differences. its possible it might be a tad louder, but im not sure. diesels make some noise. it was fine for me, any rattle or foreign noise in the car drives me crazy until i find it. i wont be commuting with the car until next week, so for now, 47 mpg on the ride home was ok. im now waiting for a follow up email to get get paid in full. as of now, im glad i kept the car. i love this car. yep, i said it.
I'll say it too .... I love my Passat too. I'm a diesel convert and now am thinking of trading my wife's v6 Venza once (if) the fix happens on the V6 Touareg I'll drop from 12.5 Litres per 100km to something like 9! I'll have more that double the pulling power and and BAGS of tourque. What's not to like? Everything about my NMS Passat just seems to work and has been very very well engineered and thought out. This has been my first German car but it WILL NOT be my last.

RuneTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
First drive to work tonight, since the fix, 55 miles, mostly highway, 52 mpg. I drive the speed limit. No noticable change.