Injector calibration

Jet 02

TDI
2002 Jetta, Vanagon AHU project
Nozzle calibration. Boisio nozzles can be calibrated by DBW. I have a new set of Bosch P 520’s purchased years ago. (side note: my original intent was to use the P 520’s and an AFN ECU to bring the power up.)
Today a Calif. Bosch service center said that they cannot set both pressures and that new Bosch nozzles supplied to them come with correct shim/s for that particular nozzle. So it looks like I cannot get my Bosch P 520’s installed and calibrated.
Though, had a new set of Bosh P 520’s purchased years ago. I was encouraged to purchase Bosio nozzles with DLC. The seller up-graded me to P1019 DLC nozzles ( I thought that kind of him) and I had them calibrated for low/no smoke. Finally, a year later I installed them. Runs smooth, great power but more smoke than I would like. I now believe that the 1019 DLC’s are larger than p 520’s.
So it looks like I cannot get my Bosch P 520’s installed and calibrated. Also, I would need to get an ECU tune to have the P 1019’s run clean. With the P 1019.s Hammer moding the pump and changing the IQ helped some but with those changes, when starting with the engine warm/hot, it cranks for 3 or more seconds.
So I have some choices,
I guess I can take the original stock injectors apart one at a time and clean the parts in the ultrasonic parts cleaner, reassemble and reinstall. Or…
Anyone know of a shop that will install and calibrate my Bosch P 520’s (that did not ship from Bosch with shims) ?
I could then install them.
Any other ideas?

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
Bosch doesn't ship nozzles with "shim kits", good diesel shops have shims. Lots of other diesel shops are out there.

Hammer mod the pump, if you don't know how, bring it to a proper TDI mechanic to do it. A good tune will make it run great.

If you take your injectors apart, follow the guide in my sig but don't fully disassemble and clean the internals, no need.

Jet 02

TDI
2002 Jetta, Vanagon AHU project
hammer mod

Hammer mod was done. It helped, won't pull the tires loose in first now.
I contacted one of the prime TDI brains, in the east, and he said have a local Bosch shop install and test the nozzles. Well I looked up the Bosch diesel service centers and was directed to a local shop, one of a chain and they said their shop in L.A. could do them. Called L.A. and got the story they could only set the second pressure and they receive nozzles from Bosch with the shim for the first pressure. I suspect they really do not do TDI's. So much for Bosch Diesel service in central Calif.