Post your TDI sightings here!!

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Traveling up 3A along Newfound Lake in N.H. I saw Silver 2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL.
I'll be visiting friends in Alexandria on my way home from TDIFest, so you might see a Stonehenge Gray '05 Passat wagon. :D

Reactions: Ton

Bill W

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
On Thursday or Friday evening, I saw a white TDI Cup with VA personalized plates "TDI CUP" who I believe is a member here but no plate frame. Traveling west on I-66 inside the beltway.

Then today, I see a '15 Passat TDI with a club plate frame at Bluemont Vineyard in the parking lot. Also personalized VA plates but I forget what is said...want to say PIRAT4 or something along those lines. Didn't have either of my TDIs cause I had the dogs. They love going there with us.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Green MK IV Jetta at Cardigan Mountain Orchard in Alexandria, New Hampshire.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I saw a new brown Touareg V6 TDI towing a center console boat in New Hampshire on the Tuesday after TDIFest. I was towing the small 5x8 trailer behind the silver Touareg V10.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Black MK4 gulf. DonDavide. In the lousy weather, it took me a couple of seconds to recognize who it was.

gloaming

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 6MT CR170 (Sold); 2004 R32 (not a TDI)
Black MKIV Golf on Oxford st (fishtown in philadelphia) and white MKV Jetta Hancock st (fishtown in philadelphia).

We all live/park within a block of each other :D

balkanboy

TDI
2003 Golf TDI
I was pretty excited to see another modded MK IV TDI on my commute into work today on the Taconic. I was driving my 2002 Red Beetle TDI and encountered a White Golf TDI. I'm curious what the mods were on the car. I know it was modded because we were both tearing up the highway for a bit.
I just saw this, only four months later. That was a fun morning commute, it was a pleasure to share Taconic with you. Car has tons of mods, still working on it. We should meet one day, I am in Fishkill.
Marko

werdna

Veteran Member
An obscure corner of northeastern Massachusetts
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 2013 Touareg Sport, 2015 GSW
Somebody was towing an indigo blue A4 wagon (no plates) with a whole bunch of go-fast stickers in horrible traffic on the I-84 westbound approach to the Charter Oak Bridge last Friday night.

I was wondering if somebody had just bought it and wish I'd seen it first! Much preferred to, in someone's immortal words, "that fugly sand color" of mine. We played leapfrog for a while before traffic finally opened up again.

geoman

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 tdi jetta wagon
I attended a funeral for a dear uncle in Poughkeepsie this past Monday. I had plently of time to check out vehicles on the NY thruway from buffalo to the New Palz exit. my observations:1. far more jetta sedans(gas & diesel) w/ny plates than jsw's yet far fewer vws overall than I see daily in southwestern Ontario on the hwy 401 corridor.
2. unbelievably I only saw 3 tiguans, maybe 2 golfs(?) and no touregs on the entire trip stateside!
3. the whole state is littered with Subaru Foresters (perhaps the 2nd most common sighted vehicle after pick-up trucks of all makes)
Finally, I had a nice conversation @ a Cumberland fuel bar in Schenectady with a gal in a nice looking blue jetta waiting for me to finish fuelling. I gave her an empty stanadyne bottle as she inquired about the additive & its benefits & I encouraged her to look-up & join tdiclub so hopefully she obliges. she was very enthusiastic about her tdi ownership experience. that conversation, getting 633miles out of my full tank before bailing & seeing some really beautiful relatives after nearly 40yrs(!) were silver linings on a somewhat sombre trip for me.

Last edited:

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Nice looking Black (appeared rust free w/ tan interior) B4V west bound Rt. 50 west of Annapolis.

emerscape

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Lux
Very nice dark blue MK4 wagon outside of Evolution fitness in Marshfield this morning. I think it may belong to indigobluewagon but I've never met him in person.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Nice looking white A4 following me on Rt.2 this evening from Severna Park south. The Aristos look good on the car, & the exhaust sounds even better. Glad you like the historic tags.

MP517PRCT

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI Sportwagen, 2011 Touareg TDI Lux
Spotted a fellow club member leaving work today...

If this is your car, we work at the same place, but in different buildings ;)

Last edited:

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
Dark blue JSW TDI with NH vanity plate NOXIOUS :cool: spotted this evening on I-95 southbound in Portsmouth, NH. I was driving my 2012 BMW X5 35d with NH vanity plate BMW-X5D and a metal TDIclub YES, IT'S A DIESEL licence plate frame. :cool:

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
Spotted either Mike or one of his employees on rt.80 at like 7 am the day before yesterday. Hard to see, but great advertising! The little green MK4 looks great!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

PB_NB

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 New Beetle
Us NB owners don't have a TDI logo but I was there on the beltway from VA to MD! :)
TDI Logo Found :)

We were pulling our Trailer to go camping and the looks we got from the passing motorists on the highway were priceless. One guy on a motor cycle passed us shaking his head!

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
Samspock on college parkway due the massive accident that shut down everything. I was on my bike looking at another B5.5 that will be for sale.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Thursday, evening at Benfeild/Evergreen @ SPHS light. I was looking the other direction & heard the sound of a modded/tuned TDI past & looked in the side view mirror to the a dk. blue MK IV heading down Evergreen Rd. BTW, Nice sounding car.

Friday AM, Rt 50, a B4V passed me & exited @ Davidsonville exit.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Yesterday afternoon in the parking lot at the Lake Roland Light Rail stop in Baltimore. Black Audi A7 TDI. Beautiful car!

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Yesterday afternoon on Ocean Road in Narragansett, RI. White MK IV Golf with roof racks parked on the southbound side of the road. Nice, clean looking car!

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
This afternoon, westbound on the Jamestown bridge, black Golf Sportwagen. I was in the Blue Sportwagen...

Last edited:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Two actually, both in Baltimore. One on Belvedere Avenue across the street from the M&T Bank parking lot, a silk Blue MK VII Golf. The other on Falls Cliff Road in Hampden, the twin to our Silk Blue MK VII GSW.