Has anyone upgraded the underbelly on the Golf

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
Installed a German junk yard one with the dsg vent using the new brackets and new bolts. Total about 110 bucks.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
Installed a German junk yard one with the dsg vent using the new brackets and new bolts. Total about 110 bucks.
I did the same. Using a ratcheting box wrench on the upper mount bolts was a lifesaver for me as there are no holes in my grille like some to stick an extension and socket into. My used pan arrived missing a front tab for which they gave me 1/2 off and it didn't make any difference mounting it. The brackets, bolts and wrench cost more than the pan.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Thx for the quick replies. I have the rough road belly pan (5Q0 825 902B) and all the hardware. I've read the thread at MK7 and three over at the vortex. Using an old and small monitor, I can't see where the two brace supports bolt on underneath.Agree it looks uncomplicated, but I have only a short window of time on the lift during the upcoming day of install, so I was just hoping to get better details to expedite the install (and keep lift fees under an hour if possible).

For the reference of others that find this, the belly pan was $70 including shipping from Holland (it ain't much if it ain't Dutch), and new OE hardware and brackets were $37 from VW online (vwpartsvortex = Burlington VW in NJ).

armyschus

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf S TDI, Blue Silk Metalic, 6M
I installed the Evolution Import plate from ID Parts. A very good design and did not cost as much as the ECS Tuning plate. Not a fan of the cheap options you may find on ebay. It the cost savings worth the additional risk and costs to repair damages from road debris. Will being installing the ECS tunnel protection next.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-par...-street-shield-tunnel-brace/022446ecs01-01kt/

I travel to a lot of BSA camps and the road conditions on them should be left to vehicles with high ground clearance.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Thx for the quick replies. I have the rough road belly pan (5Q0 825 902B) and all the hardware. I've read the thread at MK7 and three over at the vortex. Using an old and small monitor, I can't see where the two brace supports bolt on underneath.Agree it looks uncomplicated, but I have only a short window of time on the lift during the upcoming day of install, so I was just hoping to get better details to expedite the install (and keep lift fees under an hour if possible).

For the reference of others that find this, the belly pan was $70 including shipping from Holland (it ain't much if it ain't Dutch), and new OE hardware and brackets were $37 from VW online (vwpartsvortex = Burlington VW in NJ).
When you have car in the air it will be apparent. It's real hard to get a good pic of where they go without the bumper out of the way and most of us installed from underneath, with bumper on.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mrrogers, were you able to find the rear exhaust cover for the GSW TDI (torsion beam) with part number 5G0 825 206 J per golfdave's thread on GolfMK7? The only ones I can find so far are for cars with IRS.

TDI73

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI

Hi, would you, please, provide a link for a Dutch site? Thanks!

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Mrrogers, were you able to find the rear exhaust cover for the GSW TDI (torsion beam) with part number 5G0 825 206 J per golfdave's thread on GolfMK7? The only ones I can find so far are for cars with IRS.
I couldn't and I don't know how much more it would help so I stopped looking. It's a cheap part though, which it was available for us MK7 TDI'ers. I almost wonder if it's not available on purpose though as our exhaust systems do generate/hold quite a bit more heat than any of the other models. I feel like someone fabricated a cover of some kind like it but the heat burned it or something.

Last edited:

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I couldn't and I don't know how much more it would help stop looking. It's a cheap part though, which it was available for us MK7 TDI'ers. I almost wonder if it's not available on purpose though as our exhaust systems do generate/hold quite a bit more heat than any of the other models. I feel like someone fabricated a cover of some kind like it but the heat burned it or something.
Thanks for following up. It's odd that it's so hard/impossible to find. There was at least one person in golfdave's thread that had one, if I read it correctly, since he confirmed that the torsion beam item was different from the multilink, and exchanged his initial part with VW for multilink. I can't even find a picture of it online to compare with the common IRS version.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hi, would you, please, provide a link for a Dutch site? Thanks!

I ordered mine from here:

https://www.autorecyclingkuijpers.nl/

My receipt shows:

"€26,00 per piece" ($30), but shipping brought the total to $70. Still a steal compared to full price.

They pop up on ebay.de, too:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/VW-Golf-7-VII-5G-Alltrack-Unterfahrschutz-Unterbodenschutz-vorne-5Q0825902B/193094303319?hash=item2cf5513e57:i:193094303319

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
JM- I emailed with Marcel Kessels. I'll PM you the email, but I only asked if they had the part number, condition, and cost for shipping.

His contact info:

Met vriendelijke groet,
Marcel Kessels

Autorecycling Kuijpers B.V.
Rieten 6
5986 PH BERINGE
06-50246504
077-3031570
info@ar-kuijpers.nl
IBAN nr: NL30ABNA0213386925
BIC Nr; ABNANL2A
www.autorecyclingkuijpers.nl

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Ok, I have to ***** a little here about Evolution. I think if you spend almost $300 on a skidplate they could at least print instructions and send them with the plate, but noooooo, you have to fiddle-f*ck around and find a link and print them yourself if you want them(if you have a printer).I could understand if it was a direct bolt on, but when you get 2 different sets of brackets and a bag of bolts, it kinda sucks ass. I went to install yesterday and found no instructions:mad::mad::mad::mad:... I tried printing out, but only pics printed out and no words:mad:.... all could be avoided if cheap bastards sent instructions:rolleyes:....

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
at least you didn't get the ECS splash shield.