2015 Jetta TDI Upgrades

TDI
2015 VW Jetta
I just got a 2015 tdi and it’s bone stock and I’m needing to know where to start to give it more power. Starting with every little thing it may need to not jack the whole thing up. Anything from tuning, to injectors, to the clutch, to turbo and engine upgrades.

Also, it seems to have a lot of vibration in the engine and was wandering if anyone has any idea how to quiet it down or what may be causing it.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Injectors will outflow anything you can toss at this motor. No upgrade needed there. There is a good hybrid CR190 turbo out there with 56mm compressor wheel that would be a nice plug and play upgrade. Not sure I'd run it with DPF, but it would still bolt up fine. In my personal opinion, the low end boost you get with these newer turbos just puts your DMF at risk and reducing power to mitigate that just makes less sense. You cannot run a SMF with these newer 02Q 6spds unfortunately unless you like replacing synchros regularly. For the brief period that I had a SMF setup (10k miles before synchro failure), my 1752vrk could make 2.1bar (31psi) by 1800-1900rpm! I believe the hybrid CR190 could be similar.

Car now has Sachs SRE clutch (organic disk) with DMF and it's a reasonably priced upgrade that is very enjoyable to drive. Low end power was reduced to keep DMF safe, but it still pulls way better than stock! 190whp/330tq on my conservative dyno near me. Next upgrade for me is 2260vklr, because it's a sickness we have!

As for your vibration, how many miles on the motor? Mine with 83k is occasionally rough feeling but I believe it to just be the motor is finally broken in solid and making full compression.

TDI
2015 VW Jetta
It only has 28k so I feel like it shouldn’t have as much of a vibration as it does. I didn’t know if it could be something with the damper or something else.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Clutch is not needed unless the stocker wears out. "DMF clutch shudder" is a myth. It's not a clutch problem.

for the OP car...what conditions when the vibration happens: RPM, load, etc

TDI
2015 VW Jetta
It doesn’t do it when I’m park, it’s just kinda excessive when accelerating. And there’s this annoying vibration that’s a completely different sound but I just figured that came with the manual and haven’t figured out how to get rid of it

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
Not all do the chatter. It’s the first sign of the DMF going bad. I’m just lazy and won’t change it.

What kind of vibration?

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Depending on your power goal you can start with a new gen 2260 , DP, CP3 upgrade and injectors.

270-280 hp if tuned right :)

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
"DMF clutch shudder" is a myth. It's not a clutch problem.
I've seen in another thread that it looks like you all have figured out what it takes in the tuning to keep shudder in check, kudos! That doesn't make it a myth though. Glad to see there is a solution to increasing low end torque and keeping things smooth!

OP, do you have any power goals in mind?
Mac is right, 2260/CP3/DP should get you 280bhp. Would only need clutch upgrade and 12.9 rated head bolts not a bad idea. The key to any higher numbers with this motor will be increasing headflow.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
That doesn't make it a myth though.
My opinion differs on this point.

All these years everyone has repeated the chant "DMF shudder" - including myself unfortunately. Such a misconception is understandable, in the absence of better information.

But it's no more "clutch shudder" than was the slow down shudder in the AHU/ALH that accompanied those old upsolute/wett-ish style tunes back in the day. ;)

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
280 real hp for these engines i think its enough for a daily, 0 smoke and more reliable.
The moment you push over 320-330 things get complicated and head gasket begins to make problems often.
You need to use really high boost 2.8-3 bar and it suffers.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
I'll believe 280Whp on these when I see it, and I hope I do!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
I was talking engine power not whp lol. there is a big difference.

Maybe, just maybe i will start a project soon on this platform.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
I was talking engine power not whp lol. there is a big difference
I guess my understanding is incorrect then. I thought bhp and flywheel power were one in the same even. Everything in the US is typically Wheel horsepower, and what I figured you meant when saying "real" hp.