2000 mile round trip 3 days

SoCalC

Veteran Member
Just ran to Texas panhandle and back from SoCal. Saw 53 mpg at 70-75 mph with sig tailwinds including net elevation gain and waste climbing. Worst was 38 mpg in headwinds. Believe it or not I only ran the ac 1-2 hours whole round trip, which is weird in south for May. On any kind of boost even 1-2 lbs sustained it doesn’t
Get mileage. I need to check Timing etc. prob put new nozzles in it though I’m not sure how scientific the 100k Miles recommendation is more than marketing??
Weird thing is I’ve seen 38 mpg several times under vastly different higher load conditions always oncer hundreds of miles on trips, but it never
Gets worse or 40-42. It seems to get 38 or 44 or the normal 49-51... seems like odd very consistent pattern.

BobM1

TDI
06 Beetle automatic
My kinda trip. For her 75th birthday I drove my Mom to Orlando and back in three days. Of course I was driving a 9C1 Caprice police car and HAD to exceed the speed limit. :cool:

joyjoy22

TDI
2015 Volkswagen Beetle
My kinda trip. For her 75th birthday I drove my Mom to Orlando and back in three days. Of course I was driving a 9C1 Caprice police car and HAD to exceed the speed limit. :cool:
That looks fun, I am sure that your Mom had so much fun during the said trip.

BobM1

TDI
06 Beetle automatic
That looks fun, I am sure that your Mom had so much fun during the said trip.
The back story is that my Grandma (Mom's Mom) lived in St. Cloud, Florida and my Mom used to make 2 or three trips down to see her/help her a year. She hadn't been back down there in a few years. So I was off work after a shoulder surgery and she and I drove down. We forgot that this was also the time of the annual rodeo in St. Cloud and there were no motels available for miles around. We spent the day visiting the places she wanted to see and then she said she was ready to go back home. She just wanted to say goodbye to old times.