Will 16" Sparco assetto gara wheels fit on a 2013 TDI Sportwagen?

tyler_01_TDi

TDI
13 Sportwagen. Previously 01 Golf
Hello all -

I am thinking about purchasing a used set of Sparco assetto gara wheels for my car (2013 TDi Jetta Sportwagen). Tirerack only sells 17", 18" and 19" versions of this wheel so I am having trouble finding out if the 16" version will fit. According to the person selling the wheels, they are 16" wheels (still have to confirm the wheel width), 5x112, 48mm offset. I did some research and it looks like all of the stock VW 16" wheels were 16x6.5, 5x112, and 50 mm offset. I searched through the 16" wheels available on tirerack for the car and some of them do have an offset of 48mm. Does anyone know if 16" assetto gara wheels fit the sportwagen and, if so, do you know the specs for this wheel for proper fitment?

Thanks!

Wilkins

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta Wagon 5sp, 10 Sportwagen 6MT
Specs are on wheel-size.com. I think the offset difference is so small it won’t be noticeable. I’m running larger tires which effectively decreases the offset (more negative)by about 6 mm and the car feels different but the handling is not seriously affected. The smaller ET (48 vs 50) results in a slightly more positive offset.

I know nothing about the wheels you are referring to but keep in mind that VW uses wheelcentric mounting, not bolt centric. If the wheel doesn’t mount tight onto the hub it might be difficult or impossible to mount or balance without adapters. If the wheel is designed for different style bolts you might have to replace them as well. Can’t remember if VW uses a cone or ball seat.

Dwagen

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 VW Jetta GLS TDI; 2013 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
I’m running 18x8, ET40 on my SportWagen with 235/40r18 tires. No rubbing. Only kind of rubbing I get is when cornering hard or the suspension bottoms out. Also VW uses ball seat bolts, but with most aftermarket wheels, you’ll need to buy a set of conical bolts.