Mazda's TDI to Mazda incentive

Conrad -JSW

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW DSG
Yes, it's true! Mazda has a $750 incentive available till 1/2/17 to lure TDI owners involved in DieselGate over to the Japanese side.

I was even able to use my $500 VW dealer only card towards the purchase since this Mazda dealer also has a VW store.

Here's some numbers for your viewing pleasure. (or not as the case may be)

2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring (base, no options or packages) AWD in Titanium with black leather interior, 3 miles on the odo

$30,770 MSRP

$29,000 dealer's discounted price (no incentives applied)

-$500 Mazda customer cash incentive
-$500 Mazda standard rate financing incentive (I'll pay off the loan in 3 months)
-$750 VW TDI to Mazda incentive
-$500 VW Goodwill VW dealer only card

$2,250 total incentives

$29,000 - $2,250 = $26,750 (that's 13.06% off of MSRP!)

$315 total fees (including transferring license plates from our TDI to the CX-5)
$2132 taxes (Cook county Chicago)

that comes to a grand, out the door, total of $29,196

Not too bad eh?

I'll be selling our TDI back to VW on 11/29 and picking up our new CX-5 on 12/3 (if the EFT makes it to our checking account by then)

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
Yes, it's true! Mazda has a $750 incentive available till 1/2/17 to lure TDI owners involved in DieselGate over to the Japanese side.

I was even able to use my $500 VW dealer only card towards the purchase since this Mazda dealer also has a VW store.

Here's some numbers for your viewing pleasure. (or not as the case may be)

2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring (base, no options or packages) AWD in Titanium with black leather interior, 3 miles on the odo

$30,770 MSRP

$29,000 dealer's discounted price (no incentives applied)

-$500 Mazda customer cash incentive
-$500 Mazda standard rate financing incentive (I'll pay off the loan in 3 months)
-$750 VW TDI to Mazda incentive
-$500 VW Goodwill VW dealer only card

$2,250 total incentives

$29,000 - $2,250 = $26,750 (that's 13.06% off of MSRP!)

$315 total fees (including transferring license plates from our TDI to the CX-5)
$2132 taxes (Cook county Chicago)

that comes to a grand, out the door, total of $29,196

Not too bad eh?

I'll be selling our TDI back to VW on 11/29 and picking up our new CX-5 on 12/3 (if the EFT makes it to our checking account by then)
CX 5 is a very nice vehicle and a good choice. If they have the diesel CX5 by late 2017 I would be tempted for sure.

rbreding

TDI
2015 JSEL (buyback) 2015 PSEL (buyback) 2016 328d (keeper)
who starts off at MSRP for a mazda ? Shouldn't it be negotiated price then incentives ?

avid

TDI
2010 Jetta
Conrad,
I have seen talk of the Mazda TDI discount here. I looked at the Special Offer section and see nothing that applies. Do you have a link or does the dealer apply it automatically? Did you need to provide a title as proof? Thanks

P.s. What color is your CX-5?

Last edited:

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
If the appearance of Skyactiv-D models (probably the 6 is the only one we would consider), then we'd look seriously at Mazdas. Absent that, no, there are more attractive options.

Conrad -JSW

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW DSG
Conrad,
I have seen talk of the Mazda TDI discount here. I looked at the Special Offer section and see nothing that applies. Do you have a link or does the dealer apply it automatically? Did you need to provide a title as proof? Thanks

P.s. What color is your CX-5?
Color is Titanium Flash Mica with black interior. Yes, a copy of the title, registration, and driver's license has to be provided to the dealer.

Here's your link.

https://www.mazdausa.com/shopping-t...ngoingoffers&id=2016/2016.5/2017_750_CUSTOMER

If that doesn't take you to the incentive it will take you to the incentive page with a bunch of them listed. Look for the incentive with this wording. It's right near the top of the page.

Special Offer

2016/2016.5/2017 $750 MAZDA CUSTOMER BONUS CASH!

Here's the details

2016/2016.5/2017 $750 MAZDA CUSTOMER BONUS CASH!

$750 Customer Bonus Cash on the purchase or lease of a new 2016, 2016.5 or 2017 Mazda vehicle (excluding Mazda MX-5 RF):

This offer is for a limited time, so see your Mazda dealer today.

$750 Customer Bonus Cash is available for any 2016, 2016.5 or 2017 Mazda vehicle (excluding Mazda MX-5 RF) to previous or current registered owner or lessee purchased or leased in the U.S. prior to September 18, 2015 of 2.0 Liter TDI Diesel versions of the following models: 2013-2015 VW Beetle, Beetle Convertible, 2010-2013 VW Golf 2-Door, 2010-2015 VW Gulf 4-Door, 2015 VW Golf SportWagen, 2009-2015 VW Jetta, 2009-2014 VW Jetta SportsWagen, 2012-2015 VW Passat, 2010-2013 Audi A3 or 2015 Audi A3 vehicles. Current vehicle trade-in is not required. The offer is transferable within the owner's household (buyer must live at the same address). One copy of the current registration or title, a copy of the purchaser?s current driver's license, a copy of the Mazda Sales Contract/Buyer's Order, Mazda Cash Back Rebate Form completely filled out, and a copy of "Vehicle Look-Up" where the customer information of the website is correct and it indicates that the vehicle is included. There is a limit of ONE (1) $750 Customer Bonus Cash incentive per customer, per eligible vehicle. This offer can be combined with other public offers, lease and APR incentives/offers. The Step-Up incentives is not stackable with Owner Loyalty or Lease Loyalty. The $750 Customer Bonus Cash purchase incentive has no cash value and must be applied to the purchase or lease structure as a capital cost reduction. Must take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 1/3/2017. Participating dealers only. See participating dealer for complete details. Offer valid through 1/3/2017.

Last edited:

zoomydu

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
I'm bummed that the offer is only good until 1/2. We will most likely replace our JSW with another Mazda -- also trading in our '06 Mazda 3s on a 3GT (so we can also take advantage of Mazda's loyalty program). But my docs have been uploaded since 9/23 and haven't even been looked at. And to purchase the loaded manual 3GT will likely require waiting a couple of months, on top of the buyback delays -- since lots don't seem to stock the GTs with manual. It seems highly unlikely that we'd be able to take possession of Mazda dealer stock by the deadline.

Tenebrae

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Jetta TDI Premium with Nav TURNED IN 03/10/2017
They actually mentioned at the Mazda dealer I went to here that the showroom models are usually the manuals because automatics are more popular now. On the plus side, those are gonna have less miles / wear on them from test drives and being out in the environment. :)

-T.

Cayman

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
This offer does not come up on Mazda's website (I've tried using several different browsers), and the dealers here in the Seattle area are completely unaware of this program. I really wish this was something I could access..

rmacia

TDI
2013 Golf,2 door,grey,6 spd.man.

Conrad -JSW

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW DSG
This offer does not come up on Mazda's website (I've tried using several different browsers), and the dealers here in the Seattle area are completely unaware of this program. I really wish this was something I could access..
That's odd. I wonder if it's a regional thing? That wouldn't make sense though since the VW DieselGate is nation wide.

Try putting in a different zip code and see what happens.

RalphVa

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Good to know. Bought a Mazda3 in September. Got $2k off MSRP on it.

Now considering a Miata. Will check into this once the Jetta is out of our garage.