COME TO THE TDI MAINTENANCE WORKSHOP

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
Anyone, anywhere is welcome to come and see what is involved in all the aspects of TDI maintenace.

The big GTG will be happ'n in MIchigan, yall Ontario folks, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Ill-noise, Wisconsin, heck anyone within a reasonable driving distance (1 day to 1 hour) is welcome.

Check the events and Gatherings forum and look for the Mid-Michigan GTG. Locals
will be demonstrating on their vehicles things such as Timing belts, brake jobs, oil changes, timing checks, manifold removal nad cleaning, electrical system work such as E-code installation and wiring up for fog lights. . . . the list goes on.

While we don't plan on rivalin the 2001 TDI fest this might be the closest some of us will get to it.

Come one come all, (just don't lay rubber on Hondo's drive or chew up his grass
)

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
I am really enjoying just how many different ways you can invite us down. I will probably make it, will call in sick.

Hondo

Veteran Member
Ripster, You can’t take all that sick time with you when you retire anyway. Or have you been around since before dirt, (one of those old timers that gets paid for their unused sick time)? Burn a few days what the heck! We would all like to see you!
Hondo

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIPSTER - I am juts tryin to be creative

maybe we have enough people coming anyway - we don't want every TDI owner decending on Hondo's barn in the 700 mile tank radius . .

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
Yep been around since dirt, get paid for 1/2 of sick time, but for this I will pull out all stops. Hey if enough TDI's show up, we can fill Hondo's driveway all the way around!!! Now that would be impressive. I would say about 30 might come close.

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
I would love to attend this function! Wonder how I could pull it off?????

------------------
96 TDI Passat Wagon, PC Cone, Upsolutely Chipped and TB`d
89 Ford F250 Diesel
Biodiesel Powered

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
I'm trying to figure out a way to get the wife to drive our other TDI, that we we can have 31 TDI's....

I need to bring the A3 since it's the only one with a hitch.

DB

BIGJOHNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf (Black) mine; 2011 Golf (UGM) hers
Can installation of 3 inch downpipes and 2.5 inch straight pipes (mufflersectomy) be installed at this gtg also? Does Hondo have a lift or something? Hey Tom, what about a caravan?

John

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TTT

Well, so far we have a VA, NY, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Ohio maybe, and a bunch of looney Michiganders.

This is one not to miss if you want to check you intake, learn how to change a timing belt, and maybe have a chance to take your TDI on to a major speedway for trial runs on the second day! Seriously.

EVERYONE, yeah everyone. ESP for yall you can't make the TDI Fest this will be a good 2nd. Sat night planning a big bonfire - there should be a few musicians and there is plenty of space to pitch a tent if you want.

surfTDI

Veteran Member
Funny to think, what other car could get
me from Boston to Michigan on about 1 small
tank of fuel?????

I might have to go to this one, sounds like
a blast. Will someone be changing a timing
belt?

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
yes lots of timing belts on all models (well it depends on Drivbiwire).

Timing belt demo on the factory way to do the belt is going to be done on both an A3 and an A4 maybe even a passat

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
GeWilli,You left me out! that is 2 from VA and me fron MD. and I heard from PeterV in New Hampshire today and hr say's he is coming too!

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
sorry Tomo - geesh - maybe you can through my father in the back seat and bring him with you he lives off 210 20 minutes south of the betway. . ..

and new hampster too?

wow - this is starting to sound like the Northern East Coast GTG