TDIed: Finelly back in to a Golf 6M!

roadlust

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 golf gl reflex silver (sold) 2013 TDI 2 door Golf Blue Graphite Metallic 6MT Premium Package.
Like many I have been watching the prices since the fixed cars were released. Spent the winter in Fl. at www.wallaby.com (shameless plug for a cool place and job, tug pilot) and I thought for sure I would buy a car while there as they are cheaper and more plentiful on the East coat than here in the NW.

Unlike most I didn't have a specific car in mind just wanting to pocket the most of the buy back money as I could. My preference was a Golf with the tec package 6M but considered the wagon with DSG if the car and the price was right. To me it looks like the prices have bottomed out and if anything are on the rise and I was getting tired of the shopping process.

Yesterday I drove home (Yakima Wa) from Salem Or. in a one owner 2012 golf 6M tec package, black 2 door with areo kit, 988XXmi., Very clean with just the normal paint chips on the front bumper only, $8990. Ten thousand miles more than the 2013 I sold back with the same specs down to the areo kit. It has nearly new pirelly cinturato tires. It spent its life in San Antonio Tx. no corrosion. GREAT to be back in a MKVI TDI I for got how nice they drive and shift.

I have been enjoying reading about everyones new purchases.

Last edited:

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Welcome back! Enjoy your mk6 ride. :) I have mk4 Wagon and MK6 JSW and B7 Passat. TDI’s are so addictive! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roadlust

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 golf gl reflex silver (sold) 2013 TDI 2 door Golf Blue Graphite Metallic 6MT Premium Package.
For me cars seldom come from the factory the way they should be and could be very inexpensively. I am going to drive it as is until the kid in me must have his way, unless the fuel economy is too bad.

The trip home driving the speed limit, 65mph, some stop and go and some head wind was 47(indicated). I doubt they got the extra couple of gallons in that tops it off. The short trip to the store yesterday indicated 45. With those numbers I will have a hard time leaving it alone if actual number are lower. My modified 2013 did much better.

Off topic I bought a 1987 Audi 5000 Q last summer to drive this winter while I shopped for a replacement for the golf. The previous owner had a jumper wire in the window module allowing it to function, I unplugged one end to keep the battery from draining, it didn't work when I plugged back in. Because of that I didn't drive it to Florida. Thought I would fix it up over time but I am going to move on. They were high tech back in the day.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah I am going to delete and tune my JSW soon because she makes awful MPG compared to my old 2011 at stock state. Something to do with stage 1 fix and how she accelerates is too much for stock.

LOL I almost bought a 1987 Audi 5000 back in 2003 and she smoked so bad and saw mouses running all over the hood as I drove it and said oh no I ain't buying this and drove it back and told him good luck and points to the car with them running over. The guy said aww... I said sorry. She was clean no rust being in Rochester NY. Oh well.

KAG

Veteran Member
TDI
None
When you say delete, what are you deleting? Vw fix program? And I've noticed my 2014 golf wagon doesnt get the economy I was expecting either. I got 6.2 l/100k I was expecting low 5.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Delete the DPF/EGR, with stage 2 to 3.5. I haven’t decided yet. That saying the vw fix program is going bye bye.

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
When you say delete, what are you deleting? Vw fix program? And I've noticed my 2014 golf wagon doesnt get the economy I was expecting either. I got 6.2 l/100k I was expecting low 5.
I've averaged 6L/100km over more than the last 100,000 km, I wouldn't be too upset with 6.2, personally.

These cars use more fuel than the previous generation 1.9 TDI.

My understanding is a tune and EGR/DPF delete with full exhaust is good for +10mpg, so that should put you at about 4.8-5 L/100km, which is a nice drop in fuel consumption. My best tank(s) are about 5L/100km so to average that would be a nice treat, not to mention the significant increase in torque.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Yep, my old JSW was deleted and I got about 10-15 MPG more. She was so much fun with CP3 and stage 2 tune. Next plan for 2014 JSW is CR170 and CP3 and stage 3.5. MPG are awful at stock state with stage 1 fix. Averaging 39 mpg. Old one at stock state averaged 47 with no AC. AC on 42 MPG.

HPsenicka

Veteran Member
TDI
2 x 2004 Jetta Sport BEW (Malone Stage 1.5), 2014 GSW TDI - Wolfsburg Edition, 2015 Passat TDI -Sport Trim
I am getting around 6l/100km in a 2014 GSW 6M, with a Malone stage 1.5 tune and stock mechanicals.

KAG

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I ran my F150 doing the same route at 106 kmh no **** I had it down to 8.5l/100km. 2.7 EcoBoost great engine.