starting problem TDI 81 kw

flappie

I'm having problems starting the car, the starter moter has to turn around for about 4 or 5 times before it starts the engine... Is this normal?? After is has started it runs a bit unstable, and after ui hit the gas a time it's alright.. (glowbulbs are ok) fuel pump is checked, there is one bubble in the hose (always there) The only that still has to be replace are several hydralic valve caps... Could that be the problem???

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
"Fuel pump is checked" - OK, but did they check the injection timing, and if they did, was it done correctly using the "basic settings" display and not measuring-blocks mode which would give a false indication that it is okay even if it isn't?

flappie

Yes checked timing with Vag 1505?? Basic and block both where perfect... The only thing i have seen sofar that there is a air bubble in the plastic hose between the filter amd the pump....(isn't always there) Could it be the EGR or the IAT (baytheway, in the netherlands it isn't normal to clean the intercooler, asked several garages including a VW-dealer, they never heared of this.....)They even never heard of cleaning the MAF...... (I'm going to try it, the only thing a MAF is costing around here about 400 USD!! (550 euro)