Starting my 2nd TDI swap, BEW in 05 Rubicon, questions

logs

TDI
94 Wrangler w/ 1.9 TDI ALH
Looks like I'm selling my first swap which was a ALH TDI into a 94 YJ which means I'll have the funds to do my BEW swap into my 05 Rubicon LJ. Had some questions and was hoping to get a little help.

I decided on the BEW over the ALH because I really like the HPA truss system, allowing me to keep my AC and other accessories. They also have a wiring harness (which I think is over priced) but with my original swap, wiring was a huge pain and I still was left with way too much wiring that was hard to hide.

Anyone have a better diagram of just what you need left of the wiring? Know anyone that sells one pre done other than HPA?

Also wondering if the bellhouse pattern is the same for the ALH and BEW. I would prefer to make my own adapter if I can. I'll be using my NSG370 6 speed. If anyone has a good CAD on that I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks

=Jason-

Hasenwerk

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1982 Cabriolet (BEW|VNT17|Stage4), 1989 VW TriStar Syncro soon-to-be CR TDI (CBEA), 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 (ALH|VNT17|R520|Stage4)
Looks like I'm selling my first swap which was a ALH TDI into a 94 YJ which means I'll have the funds to do my BEW swap into my 05 Rubicon LJ. Had some questions and was hoping to get a little help.
I decided on the BEW over the ALH because I really like the HPA truss system, allowing me to keep my AC and other accessories. They also have a wiring harness (which I think is over priced) but with my original swap, wiring was a huge pain and I still was left with way too much wiring that was hard to hide.
Anyone have a better diagram of just what you need left of the wiring? Know anyone that sells one pre done other than HPA?
Also wondering if the bellhouse pattern is the same for the ALH and BEW. I would prefer to make my own adapter if I can. I'll be using my NSG370 6 speed. If anyone has a good CAD on that I would greatly appreciate.
Thanks
=Jason-
The BEW and ALH have the same blocks but obviously different heads. So bellhousing / clutch is the same. Electronics for both are about the same complexity.

I have make more than a few harnesses for the ALH and BEW engine and it would be no problem to make a harness for your Jeep with a ALH or BEW engine - again have done more than one now!

Cheers!

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
for the transmission - do a search for 'liberty tdi' - that user, whose name escapes me, used the original trans when he put a tdi into his libby