Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat Comfortline 6MT Nav
Last edited by a moderator:

Ptplayers

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL 6M with sports package
I would be interested as well but like i stated in vortex only if the rear view cam worked like it should .

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
At the very least he should detail the changes that it will make. I may consider it at that price but not without knowing what it does. I submitted a question to the seller through ebay on what changes exactly it will make. If that is answered I may be the one to try this out. I will let you know.

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Seller replied with:

"Continental never gives me list of bug fixes, but they do say what were the major updates that took place in the firmware. And this one was mostly related to route guidance, GPS fixing and Sirius Radio quality."

I don't use Sirius or the nav as my phone is used with Google nav and mp3 music. So this update isn't for me as there is nothing there that I need or want.

Busydiver

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat TDI SEL
Thanks for posting...

Seller replied with:

"Continental never gives me list of bug fixes, but they do say what were the major updates that took place in the firmware. And this one was mostly related to route guidance, GPS fixing and Sirius Radio quality."

I don't use Sirius or the nav as my phone is used with Google nav and mp3 music. So this update isn't for me as there is nothing there that I need or want.
Not worth $185.00 to me...

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
Not worth $185.00 to me...
If it actually makes the headunit usable/fast and fixes GPS/route accuracy.

I'd actually have zero issue paying $185. I just won't as I know it will be leaked or....

I'm also totally down to organize a group buy. If I can get 9 other people interested at $20, I'll buy and upload this for TDIClub members. I have 100% feedback on eBay, Heatware, and other large message boards, so I can be trusted. PM me if you're interested.

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
TDIclub itself won't go for that as you will be breaking copyright laws. I wouldn't post here about it or discuss it anymore. They have a pretty strict policy on stuff like this.

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
Copyright my ass. The dude is selling what is given to him at no cost for an insane profit.

We have spent $1200+ for the Continental Nav unit in our cars. We should be getting this firmware free from Conti direct.

Technically ECU tuning requires breaking encryption and defeating write protection. That could also be considered illegal under the DMCA and copyright law....yet we freely post about it here.

Regardless, don't speak for the moderators. If one of them tells me to delete my post I will. I just hope they have never downloaded a song, tinted windows, sped, or tuned their TDIs, otherwise it's very hypocritical.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
The seller is an authorised reseller from his statements previously. He says he pays for this service and is authorised to sell. The site blongs to the owner and can and does enforce his wishes as he sees fit. Just trying to inform you of the rules here. If the owner chooses to let some stuff fly and not others that is his right. With him providing such a great site I don't know why you want to go against his expressed wishes.

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel
I usually find that when any seller is telling me what a third party won't do, they usually aren't correct and are just talking their own book. In this case, the seller makes some pretty sweeping statements regarding what VoA won't do for a firmware update.

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
The seller is an authorised reseller from his statements previously. He says he pays for this service and is authorised to sell. The site blongs to the owner and can and does enforce his wishes as he sees fit. Just trying to inform you of the rules here. If the owner chooses to let some stuff fly and not others that is his right. With him providing such a great site I don't know why you want to go against his expressed wishes.
Please show me where Fred has posted that sharing software updates for our cars is not allowed.

Also, as far as I can tell, he's not authorized to sell the firmware. He's given them from being an authorized Continental reseller. He's just burning/selling firmware discs himself for pure profit.

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Please show me where Fred has posted that sharing software updates for our cars is not allowed.

Also, as far as I can tell, he's not authorized to sell the firmware. He's given them from being an authorized Continental reseller. He's just burning/selling firmware discs himself for pure profit.
http://www.tdiclub.com/Disclaimer/ForumRules.html

[7]Do not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any illegal activity on the forums. Linking to locations that deal with any such activity are also forbidden.

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this Discussion Forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or the TDICLUB Online, or you have permission, and you cite it appropriately."

I can guarantee that is copyrighted material.

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
http://www.tdiclub.com/Disclaimer/ForumRules.html

[7]Do not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any illegal activity on the forums. Linking to locations that deal with any such activity are also forbidden.
Well then, I'm going to request that all talk of tuning, tinting, headlight modification, etc. cease immediately on this website. Otherwise...

If the owner chooses to let some stuff fly and not others that is his right.
I'm going to wait until Fred says sharing firmware fixes for our $30k car's defective headunits is banned (as DPF delete discussion clearly has been), I'm assuming it's also one of the things that he lets slide. Speaking of which, there is nothing copyright-illegal about us splitting the costs to buy the disc and then sharing it. We'll all just mail it to each other after we update.

Last edited:

konikg

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Continental Automotive GmbH does not offer VW radios or
navigation systems to private customers for private purchase.
Please contact your Volkswagen partner directly for any
repair services and software updates for OEM radios and
navigation systems.

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
No idea where it is coming from. Possibly brick your system. Who is the seller?
No idea. He responds very quickly. He shows shots of the update being done on a radio and provides phone support if you need it. I don't think it is a scam, but we will see. He has good Feedback on eBay.

kiki

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE TDI 6mt; 2011 Golf TDI 6mt; 2005 MB E320 cdi; 2007 Passat Sport Wagon 6mt (FSI Turbo); 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke 4x4; 2004 Passat GLS TDI Wagon (Sold); y2k NB TDI (Sold); 1996 Passat TDI Wagon (Sold).
BRAND NEW SW4366 Firmware Update, 6M Maps (7963) and VIDEO IN MOTION UNLOCK for USA/Canada/Mexico
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161038107268?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
The auction has a "Make Offer" option. 3 offers have been accepted using that option, and 2 others are pending a decision. Have any of you paid less than the $69.99 "Buy It Now" price to secure this item from this seller? If so, would you mind sharing the amount you paid / that was accepted? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.