Which FUSE IS LEFT LOW BEAMS PLEASE

JARED_LA

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
I had the same issue if you're left low beam is out.
Take it to your dealer, they will have to replace the whole unit.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
According to the wiring diagram for the Passat, there is no dedicated fuse for the individual headlights.

The wiring goes directly from the J519 (BCM) to the headlamp. Which makes sense since the J519 is capable of cutting power to the system if a fault (short, burned bulb, etc) is detected.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
There are a couple of fuses that feed the BCM, but the wiring diagram doesn't make notes about what functions they are for.

-J

ukspice69

TDI
Passat TDI SE SIXER 12
Well I found the fuse to the Left head lights, the High Beams are working and the Low beam are still no power , the Right head light fuse when teken out turn both LOW and High beams on the Right side, Where is the BCM located in the Passat, could the issue be a relay of some sort

ukspice69

TDI
Passat TDI SE SIXER 12
well This is how the problem started the lights on the Left side would go out and the dashboard would display left low beam defective , when the High beam were placed on.
Well I fixed the problem and will go back to basic lights, I un pluged the BCD wired and now the light is back on. THANK GOD.

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
Ironic that you mention that when you clearly haven't read yours - the owner's manual makes no reference to fuse locations. ;)
I don't have a new Passat and was assuming that a fuse diagram was in the owners manual like any other car I've had. :rolleyes:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I don't have a new Passat and was assuming that a fuse diagram was in the owners manual like any other car I've had. :rolleyes:
Gotcha! Unfortunately VW is attempting to save us from ourselves by keeping the wiring details a secret. :eek:

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Could be any number of things....

Could be the BCM. Could be a wiring issue inside the headlight

Being only a year old, isn't it still under warranty? Why not take it in and get it checked out?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Based on the number of headlight issues we have seen on here, I'm going to guess that your issue is so an internal headlamp wiring issue - probably an internal short.

sanman289

TDI
Passat TDI SEL
well This is how the problem started the lights on the Left side would go out and the dashboard would display left low beam defective , when the High beam were placed on.
Well I fixed the problem and will go back to basic lights, I un pluged the BCD wired and now the light is back on. THANK GOD.
Well, I ran into the same problem with the Drivers side low beam, DRL's work, the Signal worked, High beam worked but Low beam didn't. To reset everything I took both Battery terminals off and hold them together 40 seconds or so and then reconnected them. The power seem to return back to the low beam and all worked. Almost bought a new headlight assembly used 175 bucks but luckily didn't have to. So try the above and it should work as it worked on my 2013 TDI SEL. The above advice btw came from a VW professional Tech very knowledgeable guy.

jafische

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 (A3) TDI SEL Premium (Reflex Silver / Moonrock)
Why is a 2013 SEL having light problems? The more I read, the more flaky VW's electrical system seems. ???

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Why is a 2013 SEL having light problems? The more I read, the more flaky VW's electrical system seems. ???
A handful of people here have had issues with the headlight connector - certainly not a widespread problem by any stretch of the imagination.

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
I hate to be the bearer of possible bad news, but it could be spreading to 2012's as well. I've had a warning that my drivers low beam has been out since about Christmas then about a week ago it added a warning that the drivers DRL was out. Interesting about the DRL since I haven't burned them since July when I disabled them.

Anyhow, I had the car in for the 70K service yesterday and had them replace the headlight bulb (they didn't have the DRL bulb in stock). Left the dealership and everything was fine. Partway home thought I saw a brief message flash about the drivers low beam being out but the light was burning. Then about 2 miles from home I definitely got the drivers low beam out warning and the light is out again.

So I believe the headlight assembly is going bad. Called the dealership back and the service writer agreed with me so they are going to order an assembly. Once it is in I'll take the car back in and see if it can't be fixed for good.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Bill - I think the problem originated with 2012s. Randy (Niner) had a headlamp housing go bad electrically and GeekDrew's right headlight housing has major condensation problems that the dealer won't fix because it's apparently normal for headlights to have significant amounts of moisture in them :eek:.

jafische

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 (A3) TDI SEL Premium (Reflex Silver / Moonrock)
The assemblies... are you saying the light housing? Or the wiring harness with connectors? i.e. what part is actually failing?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
The headlight assembly itself has contacts built into/onto it where the lamp slides in - these contacts are what some people have had fail.