HPFP question fuel saver?

DmaxjonTDI

TDI
2014 Jetta SportWagen
Does anyone know if there’s a fuel saver metering value for the tdi like exergy Performance are for the GM duramax engine cp4 from this saves the fuel system if the hpfp blows or any lift pumps like fass or airdog?

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
From the hpfp fuel goes to the rail and to the injectors.
The big damage takes place here.
If the tank gets metal shavings its not such a big problem as you can clean it and put a good filter before the new pump.
1 micron filter does the job and its cheap about 20$ , filter head about another 20 and you have problem solved.

ToxicDoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, S7, .216
I haven't seen a fuel saver version but Darkside sells the following performance minded upgrade:

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/cp4-hpfp-metering-valve-upgrade.html

Has anyone here utilized this product? A bolt-on upgrade worth 50lbs of torque sounds to good to be true.

It isn't a 50lb bolt-on upgrade. it was installed in their fuel-starved project vehicle.

"Before fitting this upgraded valve on our 3.0 TDI Project the fuel pump was unable to maintain rail pressure at full throttle and in some circumstances limp mode would occur."

Pittdawg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI
It isn't a 50lb bolt-on upgrade. it was installed in their fuel-starved project vehicle.

"Before fitting this upgraded valve on our 3.0 TDI Project the fuel pump was unable to maintain rail pressure at full throttle and in some circumstances limp mode would occur."
Yes I read that part and the part saying there was mild gains on a 2.0 TDI. My 3.0 TDI is tuned to just slightly less than their "starved" vehicle at 316 hp so I would expect some gains, maybe not as much as theirs. But I'm really curious as to whether or not my tune would need to be re-calibrated to account for the additional fueling and if this would negatively impact the lifespan of the pump.

Last edited:

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
the bigger metering valve needs calibration to work perfectly
you only need it if you are out of fuel , 3.0 pumps can do close to 400

ToxicDoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, S7, .216
Yes I read that part and the part saying there was mild gains on a 2.0 TDI. My 3.0 TDI is tuned to just slightly less than their "starved" vehicle at 316 hp so I would expect some gains, maybe not as much as theirs. But I'm really curious as to whether or not my tune would need to be re-calibrated to account for the additional fueling and if this would negatively impact the lifespan of the pump.
Can you monitor/record fuel pressure while driving? that would let you know if you would benefit from it.

Pittdawg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI
Can you monitor/record fuel pressure while driving? that would let you know if you would benefit from it.
The only monitoring device I have is the Torque app so not sure how well that works with recording fuel pressure. I think I'll pass on this mod as I don't have a local tuner who could re-tune for it and from all my research the stock fueling shouldn't be starving the system at only 316 horses...