B7 M6, won't shift into 3rd

evangelos

Veteran Member
TDI
none yet
Hello all,

I drive a 2013 B7 with a manual transmission and lately i am having difficulty shifting into 3rd gear. I have a malone stage 2 tune and have plenty of power so i can shift at 3K rpm on 2nd gear and shift into 4th and maintain 55-60km/H.

I tried calibrating the shifter (with a 5mm pin) and all it did was sharpen the shifting with the other gears but did not help with the 3rd gear. Any suggestions???

TIA

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
How many miles on it? How many miles on it tuned?

girding sounds or just won't go in no matter what? Could be syncros going.

evangelos

Veteran Member
TDI
none yet
How many miles on it? How many miles on it tuned?

About 80K on the tune, mileage on the car 145K

girding sounds or just won't go in no matter what? Could be syncros going.
It will go into the 3rd gear but i feel the grinding so when i sense it I release the pressure and it almost feels like the rpm needs to be greatly reduced and then it slides into place but by then i lost momentum so it more convenient to rev to 3K and then into 4th gear.

So you think it simply needs a calibration? What is a "syncros" , i thought syncros was a 4wd system...

evangelos

Veteran Member
TDI
none yet
This would be a rebuild for the transmission.

wow that sucks, that makes breaks on the tranny, the first was when a piece of metal broke off the clutch pressure plates and sheared a hole in the tranny and now a potential rebuild....

in a way i am glad i tuned the engine cause i can manage without that gear, i wonder what will be next? If it wasn't for the great mileage it would be gone!

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
whoa, so someone already tore into the transmission? they could have not put enough fluid in the replacement and that caused the snycros to go on #3.

Who did the work when clutch was replaced? It couldn't hurt to change the gear oil with fresh and and verify it's fully topped off.