problems with door locks and windows on 2004 jetta

Greaseburger

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta,2011 Tdi sportwgon
I have a 2004 bew jetta, I just bought the car and the drivers door had a huge dent, so I found a same color replacement door from a 2002 now mind you everything worked fine in the dented door, windows all worked from master switch, door locks as well and fob unlocked and locked all door, so I replaced the door with the complete door, upon replacing the door the drivers window worked for a few minutes and then stopped working and would not go up or down, the drivers lock worked from the master but would not operate any other locks however the remote would unlock and lock all passenger door just fine. The windows will work from their respective switch but not from the master. ok so now is the even weirder part when the drivers window does work which can be several cycles and then it stops , if i disconnect power to the door or the window motor motor it will work again from the switch for a brief period and stop again and when it stops I can still open and close it from a key in the door heald in lock or unlock position but once again the only way to temperarily restore function of the windows. I have replaced the harness, door latch and window motor with the original doors parts and tried both switches and same thing, this is driving me nuts, I am not one to give up but I am about to :( any ideas?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Wires in door accordion might be broken. Pull it back and inspect for damage. Very typical

steve6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
Put the motor from the 04 door in the car, the window motor acts as logic and works with the CCM, older window motors dont work properly in 03+

Greaseburger

Veteran Member
TDI
I have tried both the one that came with the door and it now has original motor from the 04 door I took off and same, and door locks still do not work from master switch.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
Long shot.
Did you scan for codes?
The wires going through the door to body boot could have cracked or broke during the swap.
Time and years of open / closing the door doesn't help.

Greaseburger

Veteran Member
TDI
Any chance you could walk me through a scan, I have a Vag com cable, I tried finding the way but couldn't seem to find it or it didn't communicate.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
OBD works, start there. Go to address 46 the Comfort/Convenience Module, see what DTCs are there. If you cannot communicate with it, the your CCM may have no power (blown fuse) or for some reason died.

oilhammer

TDI
In the fuse box on the left side of the dash. I do not know which one off hand, but in less time than it takes to track it down you could easily check them all with a test light and replace any one that is blown.

Greaseburger

Veteran Member
TDI
In the fuse box on the left side of the dash. I do not know which one off hand, but in less time than it takes to track it down you could easily check them all with a test light and replace any one that is blown.

Ok checked all fuses and all are good, removed ccm and checked for signs off corrosion at all connections all looked fine, reconnected and check vag again and still no communication,if I were to try a different ccm would it require a reprogram of the immobolizer or keys? I am running out of ideas to check:(

oilhammer

TDI
Try another CCM, yes, but you will need to reprogram the fobs. The immobiliser is not part of that.

jjraymo

TDI
ALH Wagon
I'm having the same issue right now, just randomly started today. I'm lead to believe I have a bad CCM. I don't know why they go bad though. My last MKIV Jetta didn't have any of the electrical issues I'm running into with my MKIV wagon.