Inserts for Door Pockets

Jedadiah

Veteran Member
TDI
Former: '15 Passat TDI SE 6M, '15 Golf S 6M and '10 JSW
I got tired of listening to my kid's sunglasses sliding around in the rear door pockets and decided to line them with some felt I had left over from doing a similar liner in my glove box.
Here's the felt from IKEA. It's rubber backed, so it won't slide around.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30323862/
I made paper patterns of the pockets, traced them onto the felt, and placed them in. No more sunglasses rattling around behind me.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Last edited:

DEAD-BROKE

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 passat TDI 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbo-diesel
that a neat idea, i filled mine with expanding foam, the rear door pockets would get nasty with dog fur and slobber ( i have seat hammock for the dog ) and the front passenger side would be full of crap from my wife and son sitting over there so i filled them with foam.
only thing in my door pocket is my .45 and 2 spare mags.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
DEAD-BROKE;5347371 only thing in my door pocket is my .45 and 2 spare mags.[/QUOTE said:
Wow, I wouldn't t want to be the guy who accidentally cuts DEAD-BROKE off on the road. At least 24 bullets. WHY ????????:eek:

BroncoAZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Touareg Lux, 2015 Passat 6MT, 2009 Jetta (long gone), 2011 Touareg (bought back 02/18)
I got tired of listening to my kid's sunglasses sliding around in the rear door pockets and decided to line them with some felt I had left over from doing a similar liner in my glove box.
Here's the felt from IKEA. It's rubber backed, so it won't slide around.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30323862/
I made paper patterns of the pockets, traced them onto the felt, and placed them in. No more sunglasses rattling around behind me.
Great idea. I put a plastic garage door opener in my door pocket yesterday and relocated it to another spot in the first mile due to the rattle.
Wow, I wouldn't t want to be the guy who accidentally cuts DEAD-BROKE off on the road. At least 24 bullets. WHY ????????:eek:
99.999% of those who carry daily wouldn’t even consider drawing over a road rage incident unless someone put their life in danger, drew a weapon, etc. We aren’t to ones to be worried about.
have you watched the news lately and because it's my god given right
to carry a firearm. that's why.
+1,000,000 :) still trying to figure out where my Glock will ride in the car.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
have you watched the news lately and because it's my god given right
to carry a firearm. That's why.

'merica!!!!!!!!

As for the OP great idea, I've wanted to locate something similar for the dash cubby.

Nebelwerfer

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI
Odd, all my door cubbies and central cubby has rubber liner mats that hold everything pretty much in place. They came with the car.

Regards

Jedadiah

Veteran Member
TDI
Former: '15 Passat TDI SE 6M, '15 Golf S 6M and '10 JSW
2015 definitely just have plastic in the door pockets. The console cubbies are lined with rubber. I wonder what year the rubber stopped in the Passat, or if it’s an SEL thing. Any chance you could share the part numbers? Doubt I’ll buy them now that I’ve made my own, but I bet others could benefit

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Our '12 SE Nav had rubber inserts in the doors i think too, must be a part numbers to retro fit.

Our 15 SEL is bare, but still had indicator lights in the doors which is bonus.

superpat

TDI
Hi Guys,
This is my first post in this forum & need some advice on a VW Golf 1.9TDI.
I seem to have a similar problem as one of the previous posters.

My Problem: Car takes an age to heat up, once it heats up the loss of heat begins. The fans start to blow out cold air. I have had the thermostat replaced, expansion tank for the coolant replaced as it was leaking. I dont think its the heater matrix as I am not having any issues with the windscreen fogging up inside the car.

Can anyone give me a point in the right direction, the only other thing I have read about is the water pump may not be working fine. But I bought the car with 100km on it and the dealer assured me the timing belt/water pump where changed. So it would be unlikely it would be a faulty water pump.

Any ideas?