Hitch for 15 Golf TDI

BadWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium DSG/ 2015 Golf S Three Pedal
I recall some discussion here last summer about hitches. (And he lack of availability.) Has anyone found a hitch for this car yet?

skramer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE 6MT
I recall some discussion here last summer about hitches. (And he lack of availability.) Has anyone found a hitch for this car yet?
Depends on if you have a GSW or not, the hatchback has two hitch options that I know about, though same manufacturer, drawtite and hidden hitch.

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
If you plan to tow the rated (in the rest of the world) load then the european hitches are the only choice. The US ones I have seen are only rated 100-1500 lbs and basically bolt to the less structure secure sheet metal bits and do not go into the side frame pockes as far. If all you want is a bike rack or tow a 1000 lb trailer then you are good to go.
If you want to tow 1500 - 1600 KGs they you need something more.
Can Am RV in Canada can fix you up with a custom weight distributing hitch as well.

Early8Q

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW TDI 3 pedal
+1 on that one Redbarron! I have a Bosal on my '12 JSW now and would not feel comfortable with a bolt receiver hitch again.

ibike2much

TDI
2009 JSW TDI DSG - CR170+AWE.S3.IC+Full BuzzKen+Malone Stg 3
I have a Curt and it sucks. I bottom on every thing. It's ugly. The Ecohitch appears to mount like the Euro hitches

Caseyb476

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE 6spd man
Is this a SW or HB question? I have the Drawtite and have zero complaints, other than the chore of removing the plastic at the bottom of the bumper.

BadWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium DSG/ 2015 Golf S Three Pedal
Wow thanks. I do have the 15 golf TDI not used to having to specify NOT the wagon. I just want a bike rack and a small trailer to take trash to the dump so it does not need to be heavy duty but I know Curt does not have one yet I will let you know if one of the options you all surfaced works out. THaNKs!

My96z

TDI
2015 GSW
I just recently got in contact with e-trailers and they told me that the draw-tite part 24925 will fit. So I ordered it and the wiring kit yesterday. I will let you all know how it turns out.

Link to my Q&A:
http://www.etrailer.com/question-119245.html?fb=yes

Seems to bolt directly to the frame so it should be solid. I towed two dirtbikes, tools, fuel and equipment (maybe 600 lbs) on a 550lb 5'x8' TSC trailer 1400+ miles each way from Texas to Michigan and back in my wife's 2009 Jetty wag w/ 2.5 gasser w/5 speed and it did fine both there and back.

Saggio

TDI
2015 Golf SEL
The Ecohitch has everything but the weight rating.
I'll be going with EcoHitch. I stopped by their shop and the hitch is awesome!

Weight rating was 2000ibs!

By far the nicest hitch I've seen. AND when installed, the cleanest.

Shife

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG White/Beige
FYI for GSW:

Hello Eric,

Thank you for contacting us about our EcoHitch line! X7309 will not fit your 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, fortunately we are working on the Volkswagen line and are hoping to launch this product very soon! The best way to keep informed on this would be to like us on Facebook, follow us on twitter or to check out our blog! Our VW products are in high demand and we seem to be receiving very positive feedback so far with our current products!

workcar

TDI
2003 JSW 5-speed, Custom 2" reciever
I'll be going with EcoHitch. I stopped by their shop and the hitch is awesome!

Weight rating was 2000ibs!

By far the nicest hitch I've seen. AND when installed, the cleanest.
I just checked out their site.

They can come in 2"

I am beyond happy!!!!

THANK YOU ECOHITCH!!!!!!!:)

SnowBeer

TDI
MK7 Golf Sportwagen SE TDI 6MT
I just recently got in contact with e-trailers and they told me that the draw-tite part 24925 will fit. So I ordered it and the wiring kit yesterday. I will let you all know how it turns out.

Link to my Q&A:
http://www.etrailer.com/question-119245.html?fb=yes

Seems to bolt directly to the frame so it should be solid. I towed two dirtbikes, tools, fuel and equipment (maybe 600 lbs) on a 550lb 5'x8' TSC trailer 1400+ miles each way from Texas to Michigan and back in my wife's 2009 Jetty wag w/ 2.5 gasser w/5 speed and it did fine both there and back.
How did this go, etrailers has since removed your question because I think they since decided it doesn't fit. I sent mine back without opening the box. Did you get it installed?

ses310

TDI
2015 Golf TDI S
How did this go, etrailers has since removed your question because I think they since decided it doesn't fit. I sent mine back without opening the box. Did you get it installed?
I can tell you it fits the standard mk7 golf tdi (installed mine this weekend). Not sure of sportwagen fit, though.

My96z

TDI
2015 GSW
I have not received it yet. I am going out of town for a few days next week, it may have to wait about a week and a half before I get to it.
Funny they removed it. I am going to try and put it on anyways, I really need to get a hitch on this wagon. Stay tuned...

exbauer

TDI
MK7 Golf
I ordered the Draw-Tite one also. Should get to install it in a couple weeks.

Looking forward to your photos.

SnowBeer

TDI
I can tell you it fits the standard mk7 golf tdi (installed mine this weekend). Not sure of sportwagen fit, though.
Ah yes, thanks for the clarification, sometimes I forget this isn't a wagen specific forum!

SnowBeer

TDI
From my research in the past week this is true, currently no hitch for the sport wagen TDI, but being actively worked on.

At least in the USA. I'd imagine they exist in Europe and have for a year, except that our TDI is unique with the torsion beam axle.

My96z

TDI
2015 GSW
The one I ordered bolts on where the bumper attaches to the frame, and then on the under side of the frame. Good as it gets.
Could be different than a golf hatch but it's worth a shot. No sheet metal attachment. I know lots of guys are looking for a hitch. So I don't mind being the guinea pig.

linux_author

Veteran Member
TDI
Phase II Emissions modified 2015 Golf TDI S SportWagen
Just installed HiddenHitch part#60362 and trailer wiring from towready #118646 - plug and play, no cutting of the oem harness.
funny, the towready web site says the #118646:

Fits Vehicle Style:Except GTI & Sportwagen Models

willie
on the diesel-sippin' Gulf of Mexico