Adding Passat Fog Lights and Stuff

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
We'll get the obvious out of the way. Yeah I know, my wife's Passat is a 2.5 and not a diesel. It's perfect for her style of driving (very short trips and in no hurry to get nowhere), so there. This is not an engine related question so it's a non-issue.

On VW's Parts & Accessories eStore http://www.parts.vw.com/vwParts/index.cfm?selyear=2014&selmodel=Passat&siteid=9

VW lists a Fog Lamp Kit Retrofit harness kit for $140, part number #561052186A. The kit is listed under 12'~14' Passat under electronics.

I realize this is only the wiring kit. One would still have to buy the lights and switch.

So my question is has anyone done this installation? What else did they have to buy? How involved was the installation? I assume some grill alterations.

Another trinket I'm interested in, VW also lists pre-painted door edge guards, part number #561071370***. The asterisks are for the color codes. Has anyone used these?

All input is welcome.

:)

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
I did my passat with the VW harness and my mother's Tiguan with my own. The only advantage to the VW one is having the correct connectors to the foglights. I ended up modifying the relay section and where it ties into the BCM: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=391524

Personally, I'd save the money and buy the connectors and 'repair wire' to build your own harness.

Also - no modification to the grills. I have the retrofit procedure in pdf if you'd like it. You replace the lower/outside grill sections with new pieces, transfer the chrome strip and install the fogs. The rest is wiring. You will see the issues I ran into posted in my thread caused by following the instructions...

Last edited:

jeff63

TDI
2010 Golf 2015 Passat
Fogs

Brian, I see you post about the fogs. Figured if I looked hard enough I'd find a bunch of information. Thanks,

Jeff

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
Not a cheap upgrade, parts & labor was around ~$750. It was worth it for me.

:)