RNS510 Firmware & Maps Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayski

TDI
NMS Passat
Stealth vending. You're hurting the members and other vendors. Next warning will be a perma-ban.
Hi yes it's been done and if you don't have navigation in your current vehicle you'll need to add a GPS antenna which isn't difficult they're on eBay for about $10. As well if you didn't have Bluetooth you'll need to sort that out and have a Bluetooth module and wire that into the quad lock behind the dash.
There are a few threads about it on some of the sites if you sniff around

c3kTDi

TDI
2015 Passat
@jayski PM sent.

I'm hoping a FW flash will solve my intermittent boot-loop issues.

ETA: So, I contacted @jayski, got the FW (8352) to re-flash over the same that my unit showed. It couldn't have been easier. I burned a DVD +R with the ISO file, stuck in the RNS-510, and about 20 minutes later the flash was finished. Now, the unit has come up and operated normally 5 out of 5 times. (I'll feel better when it's 10 for 10...) That's the best it's done in half a year. I think the reflash fixed it. Jayski came through (in minutes) with iso file. So far, so good...

ETA 2: A week later, and I couldn't be happier. The firmware flash has my RNS-510 acting like it was new: flawless and quick. About 2 dozen on/off cycles with anywhere from 1 minute to a day and half between them. Just...perfect.

Last edited:

jafische

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 (A3) TDI SEL Premium (Reflex Silver / Moonrock)
@jayski helped me with my RNS510. He helped me update my 3696 to 4366 and it is much smoother and responsive. It is sad when your new normal is waiting for a minute or so to bootup a radio. This update has cut this time down to probably 10 seconds. Also updated my map file. Jay was very responsive to my emails ( I had a lot of anxiety about doing the update ) and explained everything. I wish I would have done this years ago. Worth twice the price to have someone who knows the right firmware to use and how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.