Passat NMS VCDS Tricks / Upgrades

TDI
2013 SEL Premium
I have a 2013 SEL Premium and I was able to get the rain sensing auto windows up to work. Oddly, I can't seem to get the rain sensing wipers to work. I have the wiper stick in the intermittent setting and no matter how much water I poor on the sensor -- nothing. I rechecked the settings of VDSC twice. Any ideas?

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
You have to turn it on in the MFD if I remember correctly also...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Synergy, is your intermittent timing selector all the way left (ie the shortest setting)? Mine didn't work at first when I had it all the way right. Give it a shot.

phlfly

Banned
TDI
Passat SEL
Anyone in MD, VA, DC PA, DE has NMS VCDS, that could help me to code it.

Thanks

JARED_LA

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
What did you want to change about ash loading?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Not really looking to change anything.....just curious is all. Wanting to compare ash loading to other vehicles. Mine seems to be on par with other DPF equipped vehicles

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I think compu_85 is in Springfield and has VCDS. :eek:

tommyt88

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
anyone know how to "unlock" the kessy? i was told by my dealership that since its illegal to have remote start here it has been deactivated... i would assume it can be done via the vag-com but would have no idea how to do it.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
anyone know how to "unlock" the kessy? i was told by my dealership that since its illegal to have remote start here it has been deactivated... i would assume it can be done via the vag-com but would have no idea how to do it.

Are you in Germany? What part of kessy is 'locked'? Do you just need to make the remote start feature work?

Someone will pop in with an answer...

Bill

tommyt88

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Are you in Germany? What part of kessy is 'locked'? Do you just need to make the remote start feature work?
Someone will pop in with an answer...
Bill

i am in germany :D from my 2 minutes with the car all i can tell that was changed with kessy was the remote start was disabled. but i also did the pop the trunk, lock the doors then put the fob in the trunk and its did in fact close and lock it completely.

carlrx7

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL TDI
So, I did a little collection of stuff I found. I can't take any credit, you guys did all the work, i just found it to be a little messy to find the info. please let me know if any of the settings are wrong: I just recieved my HEX-CAN_USB cable today

Code:
Seat Belt Chime (Saudie)
17-Instruments
Adaptation
Seat Belt Warning
Version 3

Comfort Blinkers set from 2 to 5, 4 is stock
BCM
Adaptation (address 9)
comfort blinkers in the title

Auto rain sensing wipers-
09-Cent. Elect
Coding - 07
Dropdown, RLS
Long Coding Helper
Byte 0 Bit 5 uncheck Rain Sensor inactive
Byte 0 Bit 2 checked Rain closing active

Auto rain close
09-Cent. Elect
Coding - 07
Long Coding Helper
Byte 4 Bit 5 checked Comfort op via rain sensor
Byte 4 Bit 6 checked comfort op via rain sensor active

DRL menu off option
09-Cent. Elect
Coding - 07
Long Coding Helper
Byte 15 Bit 7 checked

DRL on only when switch set to Auto
09-Cent. Elect
Coding - 07
Long Coding Helper
Byte 26 Bit 3 checked

China VCDS Headlight thread change recommendations
09-Cent. Elect
Coding - 07
Long Coding Helper
Byte 15 Bit 5 checked Parking Lights OFF with Terminal S OFF and light switch at Low beam
Byte 15 Bit 6 checked DRL via separate Lights active
Byte 15 Bit 7 checked DRL Adaptation active (MFA+)
Byte 19 Bit 0-3 Headlight extension inactive
Byte 27 Bit 2 checked LED-DRL Mod for Parking/Position light & DRL

open Sunroof fob
4F-Centr. Electr. II
????

**These are the steps within VCDS software to add Navigation voice commands back in (Remember to have car doors closed and unlocked before you start):

1. SELECT
2. 37 NAVIGATION
3. CODING - 07
4. LONG CODING HELPER
5. Highlight BYTE 7
6. Remove check from BIT 1
7. ESC out from this screen
8. DO IT!
9. Exit out of VCDS software

After you are through, I would recommend that you re-boot the Nav unit:

Press and hold these three button at the top of the Nav unit until it reboots. Should take about 15 seconds:

< > and star button (far right of DVD slot)
I couldn't find info for opening the sunroof via fob or HHA.
Looking for Emergency flash under hard braking for tail lights too!

-Carl

Last edited:
TDI
2013 SEL Premium
Does anyone know if it is possible to disable the auto-start disable feature when I unlock the car? When I auto-start the car in the AM the car shuts off when I unlock the car which is a bit strange.

phlfly

Banned
TDI
Passat SEL
compu_85 is only nice person on this forum. thanks a lot for his help to me. Yes he is in Springfield VA

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
How would you know, you have only interacted with a few. There are thousands of members here. Most are lurkers and spend their time reading and searching.

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel
Rns510

My limited understanding regarding the question of voice directed navigation is this programing was slowing down the RNS510 to unacceptible levels. I wonder if anyone has direct experience with this application and if it does slow down the RNS 510, with the latest firmware to an unacceptible level of slowness, or is there improvement inherent in the lastest generation of firmware, but VW is reticent to offer the reprograming due to older units. (think I know the answer, thought I'd ask).

And, for the record, I find the performance of the RNS510 to be acceptible, and usually not slow at all. I have experience slowness, but tha has been the rare exception rather than the norm
Lew

TDI
2013 SEL Premium
And, for the record, I find the performance of the RNS510 to be acceptible, and usually not slow at all. I have experience slowness, but tha has been the rare exception rather than the norm
Lew
I am not sure why but my RNS510 is very slow....I push a radio station and it takes two seconds to switch. It is very annoying. Is there a firmware update to improve this?

JARED_LA

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
I'm learning VCDS and can't seem to find exactly where to modify my fuel gauge reading and headlights. My gauge is off by about 5% optimistic and I would like to increase the voltage in headlights.
Thanks
Jared

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
12 Passat SE / 14 BMW 535d
Not sure this bothers anyone else out there, but is there a VCDS setting that allows the radio to stay on until I pull the key (like an actual German car)? I know I can turn the radio back on with the button but I'm used to the other way and I'm old and grumpy... ;)