Passat NMS VCDS Tricks / Upgrades

Niner

duplicate account, banned
Comfort blinking? I turned that right off in the dealership parking lot. Had it in an A3 across the pond. I hate that. But each to his own and nice to have the option to tinker with it to your liking.

Has anyone found the byte to turn off the horn beep when you lock the car? Hadn't seen that mentioned yet. Thanks
Yes, that is available through VCDS, adaptation. Long coding helper. You can add it too, when you unlock, the horn sounds, and remove horn sounds by unchecking.

jaredaggie

TDI
2000 ALH, Black, 5M; 2013 Passat TDI 2.0 6MT
Has anyone been able to get this to work on a 2013? I am on VCDS current version 11.11. I have a different appearance than those here have described in VCDS and the rain features show up in the MFI but don't actually work.

I have read all related topics that I've been able to find. Any advice/experience w/ 2013 appreciated.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Just to clarify, you've gone into VCDS and checked the rain sensor enable as well as the rain closing check boxes? Once you do that the option will show up in the MFI. Check the MFI option, open the windows, lock the car with the fob, test the sensor with a spray bottle - turn signals should flash once and windows will close.

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Has anyone been able to get this to work on a 2013? I am on VCDS current version 11.11. I have a different appearance than those here have described in VCDS and the rain features show up in the MFI but don't actually work.

I have read all related topics that I've been able to find. Any advice/experience w/ 2013 appreciated.
Yes, it is working on my 2013 TDI SEL...:D

jaredaggie

TDI
Yes, it is working on my 2013 TDI SEL...:D
Very interesting. Mine does not have a sub menu for the RLS in vcds. Maybe I should post pics. It shows up in mfi after I make the changes. But, even when checked in the mfi it doesnt do either windows up or auto wipers. It does however stop working as intermittent on the first click of the wiper stalk.

team23jordan

TDI
2012 B7 TDI
I installed a set of LEDs for license plate before and it's throwing a code.
I just re-installed with a different set of LEDs with resistors built in but it's throwing an indicator warning.
How can I delete or erase code?
Is there anyway to permanently remove it?

wolfsburg_de

Ross-Tech AssociateVendor , w/Business number
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT
Very interesting. Mine does not have a sub menu for the RLS in vcds. Maybe I should post pics. It shows up in mfi after I make the changes. But, even when checked in the mfi it doesnt do either windows up or auto wipers. It does however stop working as intermittent on the first click of the wiper stalk.
Please post screenshots or an autoscan or both, or email to support@ross-tech.com

Vmwalker

TDI
2013 Passet TDI SEL Premium Reflex/Moonrock
Reduce intensity of the dashboard lights and the NAV unit

IPicked up my '13 TDI SEL Premium from Chris F. today. Got >41 Mpg at >toll road speeds over 485 miles. Night driving did point out one area that requires attention. Is there a VCDS adjustment that will reduce the intensity of the dash lights and NAV unit lower than the minimum setting, via the dash dimmer switch. The lowest setting is too bright for my tastes.

Last edited:

jaredaggie

TDI
Thank you Wolfsburg de/Ross Tech for the help on my 13. To help others out, my 2013 SE does NOT have rain sensor, thus neither rain sensing feature works. Love my car, nonetheless. IT is an amazing machine, averaging 42 mpg city thus far, per MFI... still have 1/4 left on first tank. Great job on VW part with these passat's.

mrctdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf and 2013 Passat
Thanks for everyone that contributed to this thread. I got my VAG-COM and did a lot of the mods listed here with no problems.

I did see in one of the modules where there was a check box if the car has a spoiler on it. What the heck would be the difference with that? My car does have a spoiler that I added after getting it so the box wasnt checked.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Thank you Wolfsburg de/Ross Tech for the help on my 13. To help others out, my 2013 SE does NOT have rain sensor, thus neither rain sensing feature works. Love my car, nonetheless. IT is an amazing machine, averaging 42 mpg city thus far, per MFI... still have 1/4 left on first tank. Great job on VW part with these passat's.
Does your car have automatic headlights?

-J

Honeydew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Passat DSG
Dang it, my Mom just bought a 2013 SE and I was hoping to enable the rain features for her. Since she didn't know they existed she won't miss those features.

IXLR8

Veteran Member
TDI
12 Passat Platinum Gray, 02 Golf Black, 01 Jetta Black
Dang it, my Mom just bought a 2013 SE and I was hoping to enable the rain features for her. Since she didn't know they existed she won't miss those features.
You might want to check when she gets the car anyway. There was a post on V-tex were a guy bought 2 2013 Passats, one for him, one for his wife. One of the cars has the rain sensor, the other one does not!!?? :confused:

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
So my cable came in from Ross-Tech and I've been tinkering...

...got a question on rain-sensing wipers. I've checked the right boxes. Auto close function and the rain sensing wipers tested out fine with water poured over the sensor. My question is, how would one typically employ the rain-sensing wipers? I was under the impression that they'd simply come on if rain was detected, but I guess you have to turn on intermittent wipers. So what's the benefit? Simply to match the interval of the intermittent wipers to the amount of rain falling, or am I missing something?

Also, I think I'm only getting the Saudi chime when I turn the key. Seems like I'm getting the same old chime when I open the door.

Thanks for bearing with me. I'm a VCDS veteran of only about 15 minutes right now. :)

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
If you want the rain-sensing feature, leave the wiper stalk in the #1 (intermittent) position. The wipers will NOT turn on until the sensor detects moisture on the windsheild. You can use the intermittent switch to adjust the sensitivity of the wipers.
I have no idea about your chimes...

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
The chimes. I heard them just now on a trip to the store. Maybe the ignition had to cycle or something. I'm still figuring it all out.

Honeydew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Passat DSG
You might want to check when she gets the car anyway. There was a post on V-tex were a guy bought 2 2013 Passats, one for him, one for his wife. One of the cars has the rain sensor, the other one does not!!?? :confused:
Thanks for that info. I'll check it out next time we visit them. Mom reports that she loves the car!

767wrench

Veteran Member
TDI
1981 Rabbit Pickup
Heated seat memory

It is possible to have the HVAC remember the last setting of the heated seats by going to select control modules; 08 auto hvac; adaption 10 under advance functions; select channel in the top bar; you will find retention of drivers seat level. Go to new value and select active or active for 10 mins. Passenger appears to not be installed

767wrench

Veteran Member
TDI
1981 Rabbit Pickup
Actually i just checked the driver seat heat retention controls both seat heat memories