Can you switch off the Traction Control?

stp1971

TDI
Passat
On the instrument cluster menu selection it had a spot that is for snow tires. Would selecting the snow tire option possibly change this parameter?

VernK

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat 2.5L Gas
No, the snow tire thing just sets up a speed alarm so you know when you exceed the tires speed rating.

Yours
Vern

unixb0y

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat Comfortline 6MT Nav

unixb0y

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat Comfortline 6MT Nav
The Link by unixb0y shows to have a rounded (outside) switch under the Button location menu. However, I don't think it's for the Passat.

redneckracing on vwvortex says to have them. LINK to Thread
I bought the switch from redneckracing. I tried to install it today BUT it wouldn't fit in the 2013 console. I'm not sure if it will fit in a 2012 console.

The switch goes in cockeyed. Shaving the console where the button gets inserted did not work either.

I'm waiting on hearing back from redneckracing on what we can do next.

Moltenburn

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 B7 Passat 2.0 TDI
I bought the switch from redneckracing. I tried to install it today BUT it wouldn't fit in the 2013 console. I'm not sure if it will fit in a 2012 console.

The switch goes in cockeyed. Shaving the console where the button gets inserted did not work either.

I'm waiting on hearing back from redneckracing on what we can do next.

Keep us in the loop I was going to buy the switch from him but sounds like I am glad I held off.

Jarrod B

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI
One question. When I power the car up, I do not see the traction off light light up. Is there a bulb even there ?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Quick refresh. I thought the nms was the b7? Am I wrong?
The B7 is Europe, the NMS is US, China, and Saudi Arabia (and a couple of others). They are totally different vehicles despite what the VWvortex forum description would lead you to believe.

VWJayhawk

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Are we sure this is for the NMS Passat and not the B7?
According to the vortex thread yes.
USP has confirmed that it is 100% for the NMS Passat for NA. As mentioned in the Vortex thread, they are waiting on someone to do the install to create a video for it...anyone near them in FL?

Jarrod B

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI
The light location is on the dash since I see it from the different shade of plastic. But just never lights up.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
It lights up if the traction control activates due to wheel spin. :confused:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Keep in mind there are a bunch of unused lights on the instrument cluster for other vehicles - notice the one for the convertible top, among others.

Jarrod B

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI
Ooooh ok. That makes sense.

One I was referring to is next to the base of the tach needle. Other forum showed it lit up when deactivated.

Jav9882

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
Whoever is taking on this project please update ASAP! I'm really interested in doing this also after seeing the kit on USP.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Several of the idiot lights aren't active with the full pixel MFI, methinks. The AdBlue symbol, for example, shows up in the MFI rather than as an idiot light. Perhaps the traction control off is the same way.

What's the icon hiding behind the tachometer needle?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Adaptive cruise control is my guess on that one. :cool:

gr8ness97

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL DSG
USP has confirmed that it is 100% for the NMS Passat for NA. As mentioned in the Vortex thread, they are waiting on someone to do the install to create a video for it...anyone near them in FL?
I'm in NW Florida, but headed to that area this coming week. I'll try to stop by their shop to see what they can do.

Edit: Going to do this Wednesday morning at their shop, along with the 40K service.

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I'm in NW Florida, but headed to that area this coming week. I'll try to stop by their shop to see what they can do.

Edit: Going to do this Wednesday morning at their shop, along with the 40K service.
Cool. Thanks for stepping up to the plate. I'm looking forward to seeing their how-to video.