New member to the TDI family

taktooka'sTDI

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI~DSG
Hi - New to TDI family; just had my '06 Jetta delivered from TX. Didnt have the time/patience/guts to figure out how to register brand new TDI in my name in NY, so found one with ~12k, no hassle in registering it, dealer took care of everything (yes, Texas vw dealer registered the car - came off the truck with NY plates + registration.

CPO, (so extra 2yrs 24k on top of the 4yr/50k factory warranty); Black/Black, Package 1, DSG, Rubber Mats w/Trunk Liner & Splash Guards, paid not far from MSRP (crazy used TDI mkt - very minimal depreciation). Car comes with temporary inspection sticker from DMV - good for 10 days upon car entering NYS.

First week driving it, no issues, everything works, and it still has the new car smell! - I dont know yet what kind of mileage I'll be getting. Looks like car was serviced per vw specifications; previous owner only had it 3.5 months before getting called for Army duty.

Overall, very excited. Havent decided whether I need to use the Stanadyne additive. Found local distributor who sells the Performance "one shots" for ~$3.00 each -- if you buy by the case (24 to a case).
Looking fwd to going from a "newbie" to a "veteran" TDI owner.
Ciao!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Carb state '06 drivers unite! Picked up mine last Saturday and am registering it in NH until I can bring it into MA in a few months.

Enjoy the car. The new ones are amazing, IMO.