Check Engine Light, Flashing Glow Plug and Fuel Rail Pressure Code

DieselDiesel

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI
My purchased new stop sale sportswagen is on it's way to the dealer this morning. My wife was driving along and all of a sudden the car stalled at a traffic light. It will start with some hesitation and will move if you don't step on the accelerator too hard but stalls if you try to accelerate. We're hearing a whining noise under the hood. As mentioned in the title I am getting a check engine light and sporadic flashing glow plug light, along with a fuel rail pressure sensor code. It is about 10 degrees this morning. Anyone want to take a guess?

I'll update when I have a diagnosis from the dealer.

By the way...previous owner of a 2015 Passat TDI Manual. That one was bought back a couple weeks ago, but thanks to the goodwill package, I was able to use the roadside assistace to have this one towed to the dealer.

DieselDiesel

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI
Resolved. The fuel gelled up. As I mentioned, it was very cold that day but still...

I drove my 2015 Passat TDI for almost 3 years and never experienced gelling. I'm wondering if the place I purchased fuel last had not switched over to winter blend. I'm going to start using some winter Diesel Kleen, at least in the colder months.

I'll pick the car up tomorrow- Not sure if/what repairs were need, but there was no charge.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Resolved. The fuel gelled up. As I mentioned, it was very cold that day but still...

I drove my 2015 Passat TDI for almost 3 years and never experienced gelling. I'm wondering if the place I purchased fuel last had not switched over to winter blend. I'm going to start using some winter Diesel Kleen, at least in the colder months.

I'll pick the car up tomorrow- Not sure if/what repairs were need, but there was no charge.

It does not get that cold in OkieVille. But still I have seen minus 15-20 once or twice.

What temp was it when the car "gelled"? Thanks:)