Egr bypass

fastyz400

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
Does anyone make a kit for egr bypass for a NSM B7 Passat? The thought of all the carbon buildup on the intake side is scary.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I haven't seen bad carbon build-up on a TDI intake since the ALH days. :confused:

Palouse

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE/sunroof, DSG
I'd be more worried about the carbon (and other stuff) build-up in my lungs and body :(:confused::confused::confused::eek::cool:

therabbittree

Veteran Member
TDI
B4 passat, 2000 Golf, 2003 Allroad tdi
I wouldn't own a non deleted diesel . Looking at a 2015 Passat and delete probably first thing we will do. If you haven't seen problems then you haven't been working on them. I mess with a lot of alh's and other diesels ulsd did little to stop carbon buildup , most carbon is from crank case vents and egr mixing . Heck look at the big isx egr issues, or 6.0 l egr issues etc. If your gonna work on them yourself no reason to leave those engineering mistakes intact.

Mountain TDI

TDI
2002 and 2003 Jettas and 2015 Passat 6M
Don't the new EA288 tunes (Malone Stage 2) do this electronically? On my prior ALH, the EGR stuff was all there, and I had the dynamic tune so it warmed up faster, but no egr most of the time and smog checks (in CA) were a slam dunk

Tyler_LBZ

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
I've been around enough newer diesels to know that all the emission junk they put on them just causes more harm than good resulting in costly repairs and worse fuel economy. Granted it may be slightly healthier but at what cost, not to mention many other things that are worse for our health than Diesel engines. I'm all for making diesels cleaner but it's getting to a point where the reliability and fuel economy is suffering. A good tuned and deleted diesel can run pretty clean when done right especially with the newer injector technology that's been helping a ton on the newer diesels.

2015jettatdi

TDI
2015 jetta
Has anyone figured out if a malone egr delete is all it takes? I own a ea288 passat and looking to delete the egr the easiest route. Blocking plate, a tune, etc

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I wouldn't own a non deleted diesel . Looking at a 2015 Passat and delete probably first thing we will do. If you haven't seen problems then you haven't been working on them. I mess with a lot of alh's and other diesels ulsd did little to stop carbon buildup , most carbon is from crank case vents and egr mixing . Heck look at the big isx egr issues, or 6.0 l egr issues etc. If your gonna work on them yourself no reason to leave those engineering mistakes intact.

THIS!!!! cause the ALH is a spitting image of the CRD of the 2009 @ 2015!!!!!

I mean, I can't tell them apart unless i'm elbow deep in them!!! Sometimes I even confuse it for a Cummins they are so alike to those too!

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Has anyone figured out if a malone egr delete is all it takes? I own a ea288 passat and looking to delete the egr the easiest route. Blocking plate, a tune, etc
Rawtech has everything you need, although I'm not aware of an EGR delete/blocking plate that doesn't take out the DPF though I could be wrong.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Don't the new EA288 tunes (Malone Stage 2) do this electronically? On my prior ALH, the EGR stuff was all there, and I had the dynamic tune so it warmed up faster, but no egr most of the time and smog checks (in CA) were a slam dunk

I don't believe it eliminates the EGR on the EA288 tune, our warm up times are way too fast in cold weather for EGR not to be functioning.

As far as I know the tune just messes with fueling maps and a little extra boost.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
You can unplug and remove it if you please, but by default, unless requested, the EGR is kept on unless it goes open loop. Helps with warm up times/fuel economy in most scenarios. Removing the EGR while keeping the DPF/SCR system would likely cause long term DPF issues.