08 Grand Cherokee Overland AWD CRD (modded)

brew1

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI
Testing the waters for my modded 08 GC Overland AWD CRD, Its a real stump puller... Shoot me an email at mwweim@charter.net if interested. Vehicle is located in Richfield WI.

Testing the water to judge interest in selling our 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Edition with the Mercedes Benz 3.0 liter V6 diesel engine. Asking price is $14,000.
Non-smoking household. Vehicle has a black exterior with the peanut butter brown leather seating. Front and rear seats are heated. Power sliding moonroof/sunroof. Trailer towing package. Driver and passenger power adjustable seating. Navigation system and rear backup camera. Boston Acoustics sound system with Sirius Satellite radio. Remote start, keyless entry, block heater, heated power side mirrors. Adjustable driver pedals. Dual climate control and AC was professionally serviced in the summer of 2017 by Richfield Service. New windshield installed summer of 2017 (previously repaired stone chip began to crack).

26 mpg or better (highway)

184,000 miles and is still utilized as my wife's daily driver. Primarily country roads and long distance highway miles. Turbo was replaced about 4 years ago by Hucksdorf Diesel and a new improved electronic turbo actuator supplied by XSBoost Turbochargers http://www.xsboostturbochargers.com...urbocharger-electronic-actuator-2007-2011/was installed December 2017 by the Uptown Jeep dealership. New fuel filter installed December 2017. In 2016 the Uptown Jeep dealership installed new heavy duty Bilstein shocks, serviced the transmission and differentials, installed a new serpentine belt and new ECU. All new glow plugs and fuel injectors were installed in February 2017 by Richfield Service.

Upgrades include:

Green Diesel Engineering Performance Tune with DPF and EGR delete files
(Green Diesel Engineering Site) http://www.greendieselengineering.c...rokee/GDE/Grand-Cherokee-HOT-tune/2_28.action
Black Chrome summer wheels, wheel spacers and newer Kumho summer performance tires with tire pressure sensors.
OEM chrome hub cap wheels with newer Bridgestone Blizzak DMV2 winter/snow tires with tire pressure sensors.
Tire pressure sensors provide live monitoring of actual tire pressures on the dash panel.
CB Engineering Full EGR delete kit
CB Engineering DPF delete pipe
CB Engineering oversized intercooler
CB Engineering aluminum intake pipe and silicone tubing (improved airflow and the silicone tubing provides a much better seal at the turbo than the OEM part)
CB Engineering Crankcase Ventilation Relocation Kit plumbed to the exhaust pipe
CB Engineering Turbo Resonator delete pipe
(CB Engineering site) https://cb-engineer.com/t/om642-engine-parts
AFE Dryflow lifetime air cleaner
Upgraded heavy duty alternator and grounding wires (Uptown Jeep dealership installed)
Weathertech front, rear and cargo floor mats
Aftermarket cabin air filter housing and cabin air filter (These Grand Cherokees did not come with cabin air filters for some odd reason)
Auto-leveling headlight feature is disabled and they are now manually adjustable. You'll be glad they are disabled unless you want to throw money at them every 2-3 years for parts/repairs

Parts included but not installed yet - new heavy duty front and rear sway bars, 10 OEM oil filters.

Cons: Paint on the aluminum hood is starting to peel and there are 2 small spots with paint starting to bubble up on the windshield/roof edge and liftgate.

Vehicle runs great and these same Mercedes 3.0 diesel engines are used in commercial Sprinter Vans that routinely have in excess of 300,000 miles put on them.

Wife is wanting a newer smaller SUV so this will be going on the market shortly.

Pictures will be posted as they become available. I will be starting a list of interested buyers.
This ad will be cross-posted to multiple sites.

Thanks for looking.

Mark

Last edited:

brew1

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI
Been a while but i just wanted to update this thread. I had several out of state parties interested in the 08 GC CRD and sold it to a couple that flew in from Pennsylvania to pick it up. They were excited to get a GC CRD in decent shape with all the extra mods. My wife hated to see it go, as did the local stealership's service dept. Replaced it with a certified 16 Acura MDX with AWD and haven't looked back.