Fender audio upgrade on 2015 passat?

wolf1389

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta sportwagen Comfortline
I have the comfortline trim package with the upgraded sound system but not the fender audio package, how hard is it to install the fender subwoofer and run it off the factory radio? or should I go full aftermarket?

DEAD-BROKE

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 passat TDI 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbo-diesel
I have the comfortline trim package with the upgraded sound system but not the fender audio package, how hard is it to install the fender subwoofer and run it off the factory radio? or should I go full aftermarket?
JMO the factory sub is garbage there is no way to adjust the bass level other than in the head unit, so all the speakers get bass. IMO the sub should have a
separate controller

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
It is possible to drive the Fender speakers without the fender amp, but it tends to over-drive the tweeters making very high frequencies shrill. Changing out the paper cone woofers for the plastic cone Fender woofers does add a lot of clear bass, even when only one of the 2 voice coils in the front speaker is connected.

-J

builtospill

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
What is the power handling on the fender front speakers? Do you think a 35watt x4 amp @4ohms is plenty to power these speakers efficiently while keeping stock tweeters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kwiatekch

TDI
2012 Jetta 2.0TDI
loved jetta fender sound system

What is the power handling on the fender front speakers? Do you think a 35watt x4 amp @4ohms is plenty to power these speakers efficiently while keeping stock tweeters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fender sound system in my 2012 jetta premium made girls hair in back seat go up and sound was crystal clear !!! tottally loved it !!! recently i got 2015 passat comfort with fender sound system that no longer has amplifier or subwoofer and sounds like crap well here I am lol I have a copy of computer of my 2012 jetta (pre diesel scandal) applied it onto my passat car drove like it should !!! but sound system was just a nightmare lol it sounded like a corolla from 1992 :( reason it fender sound system in jetta had a amp and speakers in different locationoh yeah and a sub so my passat the system in my passat tottally didint like it :( it would still work if I had the amp but the hell with getting an amp if no one has one for under 500 xD i had a Panasonic amp in jetta and sound was just incredible !!! listening to a talk show radio made you feel as if you had a guy standing right in front of you speaking directly at you lol discusting lol BTW im still looking for an upgrade for my passat

Sbeezy

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium
The fender system sounds much better with an aftermarket head unit but I’m still trying to figure out how to tweak the amplifier to get rid of the factory eq curve so I can have more granular control over the system, I wish there was a harness that sent a line level input to the fender amplifier so that I could control the subwoofer’s sound characteristics from the head unit. Eventually I’ll rip all of the stock gear out and install my 3way +sub setup with dsp and 7 channels of amplification from my previous vehicle, just need to save for the 370a alternator and all of the sound treatments. Once I have all that stuff then it’s down to making the time to install it all!

kwiatekch

TDI
2012 Jetta 2.0TDI
any update on your sound project ?

The fender system sounds much better with an aftermarket head unit but I’m still trying to figure out how to tweak the amplifier to get rid of the factory eq curve so I can have more granular control over the system, I wish there was a harness that sent a line level input to the fender amplifier so that I could control the subwoofer’s sound characteristics from the head unit. Eventually I’ll rip all of the stock gear out and install my 3way +sub setup with dsp and 7 channels of amplification from my previous vehicle, just need to save for the 370a alternator and all of the sound treatments. Once I have all that stuff then it’s down to making the time to install it all!

been a while thus I wonder what route did you take