Picked up my 2015 6MT today

BroncoAZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Touareg Lux, 2015 Passat 6MT, 2009 Jetta (long gone), 2011 Touareg (bought back 02/18)
With my Touareg being bought back soon I needed to find a new commuter car. I drive 30K per year, so MPG was important. While searching Autotrader I happened across a 2015 Passat TDI SE 6MT. The car was at a VW dealer in Las Vegas, about 4 hours from Flagstaff. It was a buyback car from Temecula, California with 26K miles. I drove the 4 hours from Flagstaff to Las Vegas with my 2500 and trailer today and brought it home.

The car is Fontina Red with the black interior. It has the three optional features I wanted most: heated seats, sat radio, and a backup camera. There are a couple minor scrapes on the front bumper, the rear bumper was repainted at some point and the left taillight was cracked, but otherwise its in great shape. I had the dealer replace the taillight (safety issue, no argument). I was pleasantly surprised to find the car had 4 new tires (Hankook, but new nonetheless), a new battery, and a new windshield. I was pleased that the original window sticker and all the manuals were in the glove box.

I got paperwork showing the 2year/24K CPO bumper to bumper warranty, 5year/60K CPO powertrain warranty, and the 11year/162K emissions warranty. I’m looking forward to driving it for a long time to come.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
if you're putting on 30K a year, there's no better car than a 6MT Passat TDI, it'll eat the endless highway miles out there for breakfast and continue to ask for more.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
I keep looking for good used ones, but the prices are more than I paid for mine new :( this summer I found a sweet 2015 with 55K on it, they wouldn't t budge below $30K - sad when I only paid $26K for my current 2013 new

BroncoAZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Touareg Lux, 2015 Passat 6MT, 2009 Jetta (long gone), 2011 Touareg (bought back 02/18)
I keep looking for good used ones, but the prices are more than I paid for mine new :( this summer I found a sweet 2015 with 55K on it, they wouldn't t budge below $30K - sad when I only paid $26K for my current 2013 new
Mine was $19,400 out the door with taxes and plates, but I did find a great deal out of state on the 6MT that I wanted. The original window sticker was still in the glove box, this car was $28K new.

As more cars are fixed and released the prices will drop. I would’ve waited, but the 6MT I found was too hard to pass up. I work in the car business. In speaking to the GM of a VW dealer recently he told me that VW is sitting on 230,000 buyback cars presently, costing them $15 million per month for storage. To put it in perspective, there is enough inventory for every VW dealer in the US to sell 20 units per month and still have a 2.5 year supply. Keep in mind that most dealers sell 50-100 new and used per month, so selling 20 TDI cars will negatively affect the other sales.

Check these guys out, they specialize in buyback VW cars for the past decade. Inventory seems to be pretty strong, there are plenty of nice cars to be had in the $20-$23K range with ~20K miles. They have SE and SEL.

https://www.usedvwaudi.com/search-u...=year&direction=high-to-low&search=Passat+TDI