Missing my '13 Passat tdi

Skillet64

TDI
2013 passant tdi sel
I did the buy-back in January '17 and replaced with a used '15 Accord.
Missing the VW.
What's the best deal to get into a '15 Passat TDI SEL?
Used or new?
Thanks for your input!

mrmoto35

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Passat TDI SE w/SR
Missing the VW.
Used or new?
Thanks for your input!
I know that here in So-Cal USA when VW got the green light to sell the 15's dealers had stashed away folks lined up for them and there were no good deals to be had

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
same in Oregon, like gold- pretty much went for msrp. At this point you may want to pick up the GMC terrain diesel or upcoming F150 diesel

Skillet64

TDI
2013 passant tdi sel
Thanks for the replys all. That's what I'm seeing as well. Basically the same otd price I paid for my '13 for a 4 year old new car....used ones seem quite high as well.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Missing the VW.
Used or new?
Thanks for your input!
I'll bet you won't be the only one to regret getting rid of a fine car for the 'buy back money".

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
GMC terrain diesel or upcoming F150 diesel

Agreed, these are typically cross shopped with Accords and Passats ;)

Also many dealers will ask what they want but never tell you what they'll take, nothing wrong with low balling them and let them turn down the money.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
Agreed, these are typically cross shopped with Accords and Passats ;)

Also many dealers will ask what they want but never tell you what they'll take, nothing wrong with low balling them and let them turn down the money.
Mentioned because that AWD GMC Terrain (Chevy equinox) gets nearly TDI fuel economy :D

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
My company ride ('14 passat tdi) was parked for awhile due to takata, got it back, confirmed what i wanted. The bug is great, but the passat is beyond fantastic! I own it now and absolutely adore it.

BroncoAZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Touareg Lux, 2015 Passat 6MT, 2009 Jetta (long gone), 2011 Touareg (bought back 02/18)
I purchased a 2015 Passat TDI SE from a dealership yesterday. Lots of 2015 models available here in AZ in the $20-$22K range with around 20K miles. I went out of state for a 6MT at what I considered a great price.

Smashed Ixnay

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
We purchased a 2017 Passat TSI, but it isn’t the same. I was going to drive it, but I told my wife she could keep driving it because I wanted a TDI. Drove 200 miles yesterday to pick up a 2015 Passat TDI SEL for $17k. VW needs to make diesels again. I’m pretty sure my wife kinda wants a diesel again too, lol

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
We purchased a 2017 Passat TSI, but it isn’t the same. I was going to drive it, but I told my wife she could keep driving it because I wanted a TDI. Drove 200 miles yesterday to pick up a 2015 Passat TDI SEL for $17k. VW needs to make diesels again. I’m pretty sure my wife kinda wants a diesel again too, lol
Good luck on ever seeing a new VW Diesel here......

Lincoln

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6 Speed MT
How many miles on your 2015? $17k sounds really good for an SEL, based on what I'm seeing around Seattle. (But I've seen a couple others from FL mentioning really good prices, so it may be regional availability.) Did you haggle a lot, or was the dealer pretty firm on price? I'm looking for a used 2015 and just trying to get a feel for how much flexibility there is on the asking price these days. Thanks.

Smashed Ixnay

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Good luck on ever seeing a new VW Diesel here......
I know we won't see one and it's wishful thinking, which is why I went and bought me a 2015 Passat TDI SEL. I really hate having to turn in my 2010 Jetta TDI. It's been an awesome car and almost nothing wrong with it, but basic repairs that comes with a 7 year old car. I really wish I could sell it to someone that would get use out of it, but it's not part of the deal with the buyback.

How many miles on your 2015? $17k sounds really good for an SEL, based on what I'm seeing around Seattle. (But I've seen a couple others from FL mentioning really good prices, so it may be regional availability.) Did you haggle a lot, or was the dealer pretty firm on price? I'm looking for a used 2015 and just trying to get a feel for how much flexibility there is on the asking price these days. Thanks.
It had 34,500+- when I bought it. It's really crazy because I wanted a blue or silver one, but couldn't find a blue SEL in FL. I could find SE's, but they were actually the same price, or way more expensive than the SEL's I was looking at.

I ended up going to Jacksonville to look at silver one, but I don't think the guy liked me offering $16k (list was $16,989). He told me he couldn't do anything, so I drove 2 1/2 hours home. I called him Monday to try to buy it full price, but he said he sold it. It's still on Autotrader as of tonight, so I think he just didn't want to deal with me. :rolleyes::D.

Tuesday I drove to Miami to look at another silver SEL, which is the one I bought. It was $16,898. I asked if they would lower it any for not having a spare key and the rims were slightly scratched. The tires need to be balanced, but other than that, the car is in great condition. They wouldn't budge in price, but I was in a rush to get home, so I wasn't in the position to ask them to fix anything or walk away. I knew if I wanted the car I had to take it as is.

There was only one other SEL in FL, which was at another dealer in Jacksonville. The car looked great, but they wanted $18.5k with 2 year/24k miles bumper to bumper warranty. The miles was around 35,000. This was my last one I wanted to look at because I didn't like the gray interior. Had it been black or tan, then I would have bought this one. I think this one sold today, because they took it off Autotrader.

There are a bunch of red ones in FL, but I didn't want red. Most are about $17k with mileage in the 20's and 30's. The dealer I went to had a gray one I was considering, but I really wanted blue or silver. I will say it did look nice.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I concluded the same. In September, purchased a new 2017 Passat SEL Premium TSI for only $24k ($27.6k OTD) with 0% APR.
Here’s the buying method I used: http://www.fightingchance.com
2018 will come with much better warranty
I kept my 2015 Jetta SEL TDI lighting package every option and Stick shift and it is Red! Beautiful car has 42K miles on it now (Wife is driving it) I bought a loaded 2014 BMW 328D Xdrive just off lease for me! One sweet car! Gets a.bout the same fuel mileage as the Jetta

MB2VW

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL,
Search cars.com.

VW is unloading mass quantities of bought back cars. The carfax shows manufacturer titling in Auburn Hills, MI for these units.

I bought 4 New Old Stock TDI's this past April w zero miles for my small company, for employees. The hit on depreciation hurts.

Last week I bought a 18,000 mile unit, Passat TDI SEL. The car was super clean. $20,000 out the door, including tax tag dealer prep.

This in my view is the golden age of TDI's, as this will be the end of them. The deals are out there.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Huh...

I completely forgot about this thread...

Well... I missed my Passat TDI so much I went out and got another, lol.

Picked up a CPO 2014 SE with 60k miles for just over $13k.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
Nice! Im at 7500 miles in 4.5 minths with mine (have to keep the beetle happy too). I LOVE my passat! Just a fabulous car.

mijdirtyjeep

TDI
13 jetta tdi
We miss our TDI as well.

Bought the Wife and EcoDiesel Grand Cherokee and the fuel mileage is not that great for it being a Diesel "22mpg in the winter". Looking at getting rid of it and getting into a 15 Passat TDI.

Can't wait to be back above 40mpg!