Just joined the tdi club today. Radio question

dbo550

TDI
2002 Jetta tdi gls
Got an 02 weird color blue jetta today with 160k on the clock and it drives awesome and gets insane mileage. The car came with a single din kenwood and I hate non factory radios. What should I look for to find out what radio belongs in the car? It is a gls that has pretty much all the options to be had. It has audio controls on the steering wheel that don't work with the aftermarket.

dbo550

TDI
2002 Jetta tdi gls
I pray that the wiring isn't hacked up. I found the color and it is blue lagoon with gray leather.

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
I would guess it originally had a double DIN Monsoon headunit.
I prefer OEM look too, but if you change it back, you will find you have worse sound than now, unless someone installed a really cheap piece in there. The VW/Clarion units are low power units. If you go back for the OEM look, you will need to get the radio code for the new unit to be able to use it in your car.

rikchester

TDI
2004 volkswangen passat 2.0l tdi
Please help with radio code.

Hello TDI folks. joined the club today too. I got a clarion monsoon radio that I don't know the radio code for. it came from a different Volkswagen but the style is the same. The serial number is vwz9z7c0223694 Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
You need to call a dealer and give him your radio serial number and they usually want the vehicle vin. A cooperative dealer will provide you with the radio code for n/c as per the manual says they should, but more and more they want a fee for the info.

rikchester

TDI
2004 volkswangen passat 2.0l tdi
Thank you very much for your help. Good luck with your TDI matters.
"Keep them running fine."