B5.5 Wagon rear bumper cover protector?

sunvalleylaw

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Passat TDI GLS Wagon, 5 speed manual
As I clean up my 2005 wagon, I turn to the cosmetics. This post is about the rear bumper cover.

It has the typical use scratches on the rear bumper cover where one pulls stuff in and out of the way back. Working on polishing them out and/or touching them up. But I had a thought. My wife's 2005 Outback XT limited has rubberized material in the same place on the bumper cover, similar to the Weathertec mat type material.

Seems like some aftermarket source may have thought to make something that fits on our B5.5 rear bumper covers there. Anyone know of anything?

sunvalleylaw

Veteran Member
TDI
thanks!

BTW, I was hoping to have a road trip up north toward you for some cat skiing with my son this winter. Up by Red Mountain with Big Red Cats. Snow did not work out though for our trip though. Was thinking of heading up toward Revelstoke to check it out as long as we were up there. Who knows? Maybe spring will bring us some powder snow. If not, I guess next year.

otty

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Passat W8=>TDI swap, 4Motion Wagon, PD130(AVF) 6Speed Manual, 2006 Jetta MKIV PD(BEW) Wagon 5Speed Manual
Actually had a couple of powder days recently way up high on the right aspect. Pretty warm and dry winter everywhere out west though it seems...

Maybe next year!

sunvalleylaw

Veteran Member
TDI
Actually had a couple of powder days recently way up high on the right aspect. Pretty warm and dry winter everywhere out west though it seems...

Maybe next year!
We can only hope. SV had great groomer and race conditions, given its manmade system and some help from mother nature early on, but almost no pow days this year. This TDI yearns to go driving in search of powder. I guess it will be in search of singletrack instead for now.