Actual Purchases of 2015 Stop-Sale (NEW TDI's)

conejo_a_cuatro

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS Silver, 2011 JSW Manual - Bought Back. Now 328d Wagon.
The Austin dealer with a White golf told me that they were doing straight MSRP. I said, so that doesn't include the 5000 dollar rebate, and they said no, we're not participating in that program. So 5k straight profit off the top, in addition to MSRP vs what they actually have in the car. No thanks.

earlyd

TDI
2009 JSW TDI
I've been working with three Austin dealers, Onion Creek, Maund, and Hewlett. All of those are offering the $5,000 off MSRP with 72 months at 0% interest. Which dealer did you chat with? Or is this not the Austin in Texas? Odd.

wetskier2000

Veteran Member
TDI
Gone: 05 Jetta GLS Wagon Current: 2015 GSW SEL 6MT
Nope, 27k/29K boy knew about the rebate... Those prices "included" the rebate. I would have surely expected a couple grand off beyond the 5000 bucks, but the way the cars are leaving the lots, they probably don't need to. When a 2017 gasser is discounted 4 grand, it's hard to justify a 2015 with only a 5k discount even if it is our beloved TDI.

conejo_a_cuatro

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS Silver, 2011 JSW Manual - Bought Back. Now 328d Wagon.
Yeah it was Maund. Maybe it was the out-of-state area code, but they told me in no uncertain terms, they would not honor the $5000 off.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
From what I've seen here in Canada and in Ontario based on ads, some member info and after calling a dealer, if there is a price listed it seems to be the msrp from 2015 plus freight and pdi included but no tax... The dealer I spoke with said the discount is subtracted from the msrp with freight and pdi included and then tax is added

cwescapexlt4x4

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (previous 2011 JSW TDI)
What's confusing me is the $5K is from VW and does not eat into the dealer's margin. If one were to get more than the $5K off the price would the dealer sales amount change.
This is crazy and so glad I'm not in the market.

Debra Morgan

Veteran Member
TDI
Memories of a fantastic 2015 Jetta
What's confusing me is the $5K is from VW and does not eat into the dealer's margin. If one were to get more than the $5K off the price would the dealer sales amount change.
This is crazy and so glad I'm not in the market.
Or in the market for a non TDI. Our TDI was awesome, but we want something different for the next car.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
Yeah it was Maund. Maybe it was the out-of-state area code, but they told me in no uncertain terms, they would not honor the $5000 off.

2nd report of this nature. I've got to think it has to do with keeping a car in the area and having the service contract to follow.

NAZ TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI DSG
These forums prove that old saying that opinions are like noses: Everybody has one and they come in all shapes and sizes.
Some say they can get a 2017 for about the same price. Problem is, no 2017 TDI's available! Since I love my '11 TDI (only reason I bought a VW) and 2015 seems to be the last of them, jumping into a new '15 for no money (except TT&L and dealer fees) made sense to me. I chose not to wait for a (maybe) better deal as my wife wanted another black on black Jetta and we got the last one (they say).
Others say they will go electric. Problem for me is, we live in the wide open spaces of the Western US. An all electric vehicle out here is about as useful as teats on a boar (old farmer saying).
Some say go gasser because fuel mileage is now near equal. Maybe, but head up one of the many mountains out here in a gasser and it will downshift and scream its fool head off all the way up. A TDI will calmly motor on up in 6th like it's still on level ground. Plus, on the steepest grades, the instant MPG reading has never dropped below 18.5.
And that's my opinion!

tonestar

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf TDI (Canadian Import) 5 Speed, 2015 Golf TDI SE DSG, 2015 Jetta TDI SE (connectivity) DSG
These forums prove that old saying that opinions are like noses: Everybody has one and they come in all shapes and sizes.
Some say they can get a 2017 for about the same price. Problem is, no 2017 TDI's available! Since I love my '11 TDI (only reason I bought a VW) and 2015 seems to be the last of them, jumping into a new '15 for no money (except TT&L and dealer fees) made sense to me. I chose not to wait for a (maybe) better deal as my wife wanted another black on black Jetta and we got the last one (they say).
Others say they will go electric. Problem for me is, we live in the wide open spaces of the Western US. An all electric vehicle out here is about as useful as teats on a boar (old farmer saying).
Some say go gasser because fuel mileage is now near equal. Maybe, but head up one of the many mountains out here in a gasser and it will downshift and scream its fool head off all the way up. A TDI will calmly motor on up in 6th like it's still on level ground. Plus, on the steepest grades, the instant MPG reading has never dropped below 18.5.
And that's my opinion!
Personally my mind changed when I was approached about an aggressive offer on my trade, a little haggling and I ended up trading for what I bought for which is unheard of(I got a steal on a 2016 used car though) rolled it into a 0% loan on a 2015- my payment is now cheaper and the term is only 3 months longer, and the warrant you is better. So I traded a used Acura with a 27k MSRP that costed me 18, traded for 18 and walked out with a new car with less of a loan and a $200 insurance savings. At first the deal sounded like crap but mine was stored in a garage and was maintained during its storage due to the dealer knowing they would eventually sell them.

I think the key is to find the right car, I'm hearing about some terribly stored vehicles. Everybody's situation is different, the 0% loan was a key factor for me I wouldn't have made a deal without it.

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
'78 Golf Diesel (long gone); 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ DSG
I think you're going to find the '15 is a nicer car than the '11 in many ways. Stiffer structure to meet offset collision rating translates to a quieter ride and better handling, IRS, better interior materials, more features. And the EA288 engine with Adblue is a big improvement over the CJAA. You made a great choice.
Overall, I'd really like to believe that, but I'm not sure about it. (I haven't given up on maybe buying one within the next 12 to 18 months.) Adblue, I agree. Rear suspension, definitely not; the new one looks like it's borrowed from a truck or a minivan! The fake brushed metal dashboard: definitely not. I think they got rid of that again in 2017. Missing trunk release in the driver door: not so good. Maybe the SE or SEL models are nicer. The 'S' definitely has some missing features compared to my 2012 wagon.

Of course it will all depend on your reference: I found the 2012 wagon nicer on the inside than the standard Golf TDI. I never looked at the standard Jetta TDI, but I understand it was already decontented for the US market (whereas the Golf was not yet, in 2012).

I hope the engine is better, not only for the manufacturer, but also for the owner.

MB2VW

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL,
South Florida Feeding Frenzy

Well here's my story...
I've been on most VW dealer's in South Florida's case trying to get somebody to dance with me on this release for sale issue for months. Crickets, nota. Couldn't get an answer. Schumacher in WPB, Rick Case Weston, Vista in Pompano...

I wanted to come up with a replacement for my 2012 Passat SE TDI.

I gave up hope, and before the announcement, on 1/28/17, I bought the last 2016 Passat SEL Premium 1.8 TSI in inventory in South Florida at Esserman in Miami.

BTW, in May 2016, I leased a Tiguan from Gunther Coconut Creek for the Mrs.

So I kept calling both dealerships point of contacts I had from those purchases. Same thing.
I have a small field service company, and we're expanding. My partners and I needed at least 2-3 vehicles for our team.

Tuesday, I read a Car and Driver article (again with same story as before) that the TDI's were coming to sale.

I reached out to Gunther in Coconut Creek and my Tiguan Salesman, who wasn't picking up. So I called back, and asked for his manager. Another salesman (who was much more enthusiastic than my other point of contact there), and told me that they were ready to make deals happen on the TDI's.

I drove to the location, and they had two Passats ( one SE, and one SEL), two GSW S, 1 or 2 GSW SE, 1 GSW SEL, 1 Golf SE, several Jettas.

I got the lease quotes for 4 units. The two Passats, One GSW SE, and One GSW S.

They gave me the $8500 rebate, and near zero money factor. It was getting to closing time, and I left not knowing the cheap buyout, until the next morning (Wednesday) when I spoke to the salesman on the phone.

He called me back around 1pm Wednesday, and he said I better get in there right away (claiming no BS, and not a sales tactic)

I got back to the dealership around 5pm. They told me 4 people walked in that morning and took the GSW SEL, two GSW SE's and some other unit, AT MSRP!!!! (can't confirm for sure....)

My GSW SE was gone. None left. Had to take two GSW S's they had left (both same color, no choices).

I inked four leases on the spot. The two Passats, and two GSW S.
I woke up this AM reading my Flipboard App on my I phone, and found the Car's Direct article.

I wasn't presented any information regarding the 72 month 0% interest deal (with only $5,000 rebate).
I discussed the financial merits with my partner this AM, and I headed to the dealer today to take the purchase deal. They claimed since this was a business purchase / finance, I had to pay 1% APR. All things said, it made the most sense to go with the purchase finance for my business, as we will be putting on the mileage for sure.

I took delivery of the two GSW's and the Passat SE today. The Passat SEL will be ready tomorrow. Gunther Coconut Creek is about cleaned out...

So, if you find something you like, you better buy it now. It seems to me they are going fast!

tonestar

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf TDI (Canadian Import) 5 Speed, 2015 Golf TDI SE DSG, 2015 Jetta TDI SE (connectivity) DSG
Well here's my story...
I've been on most VW dealer's in South Florida's case trying to get somebody to dance with me on this release for sale issue for months. Crickets, nota. Couldn't get an answer. Schumacher in WPB, Rick Case Weston, Vista in Pompano...
I wanted to come up with a replacement for my 2012 Passat SE TDI.
I gave up hope, and before the announcement, on 1/28/17, I bought the last 2016 Passat SEL Premium 1.8 TSI in inventory in South Florida at Esserman in Miami.
BTW, in May 2016, I leased a Tiguan from Gunther Coconut Creek for the Mrs.
So I kept calling both dealerships point of contacts I had from those purchases. Same thing.
I have a small field service company, and we're expanding. My partners and I needed at least 2-3 vehicles for our team.
Tuesday, I read a Car and Driver article (again with same story as before) that the TDI's were coming to sale.
I reached out to Gunther in Coconut Creek and my Tiguan Salesman, who wasn't picking up. So I called back, and asked for his manager. Another salesman (who was much more enthusiastic than my other point of contact there), and told me that they were ready to make deals happen on the TDI's.
I drove to the location, and they had two Passats ( one SE, and one SEL), two GSW S, 1 or 2 GSW SE, 1 GSW SEL, 1 Golf SE, several Jettas.
I got the lease quotes for 4 units. The two Passats, One GSW SE, and One GSW S.
They gave me the $8500 rebate, and near zero money factor. It was getting to closing time, and I left not knowing the cheap buyout, until the next morning (Wednesday) when I spoke to the salesman on the phone.
He called me back around 1pm Wednesday, and he said I better get in there right away (claiming no BS, and not a sales tactic)
I got back to the dealership around 5pm. They told me 4 people walked in that morning and took the GSW SEL, two GSW SE's and some other unit, AT MSRP!!!! (can't confirm for sure....)
My GSW SE was gone. None left. Had to take two GSW S's they had left (both same color, no choices).
I inked four leases on the spot. The two Passats, and two GSW S.
I woke up this AM reading my Flipboard App on my I phone, and found the Car's Direct article.
I wasn't presented any information regarding the 72 month 0% interest deal (with only $5,000 rebate).
I discussed the financial merits with my partner this AM, and I headed to the dealer today to take the purchase deal. They claimed since this was a business purchase / finance, I had to pay 1% APR. All things said, it made the most sense to go with the purchase finance for my business, as we will be putting on the mileage for sure.
I took delivery of the two GSW's and the Passat SE today. The Passat SEL will be ready tomorrow. Gunther Coconut Creek is about cleaned out...
So, if you find something you like, you better buy it now. It seems to me they are going fast!
The 1% interest is just the dealers way of making cash, I had plenty try to shove the 1% at me, I walked and moved on.... the S model in my opinion is the best model, plenty of features and options- the stereo is good and no worrying about the sunroof down the road. Also, the less MSRP you buy, the higher % you save off the vehicle which 100% matters. I can't believe how fast these are going, literally FLYING off the shelves

WhatFloor

TDI
Golf 2015 TDI S Manual (Purchased new in 2017)
Seems like some dealers are trying to profit due to demand.
5k off is the minimum, w 0% financing
There is a good spreadsheet on the Canadian VW TDI thread on FB which outlines the rebates depending on make/model + payment method
Don't get screwed

rabbit15

TDI
2015 Golf SE "Rabbit", 2015 SportWagen S "Bunny"
We picked up a '15 SportWagen S yesterday, joining the '15 Golf SE I bought weeks before the emissions issue hit (they're NOT getting that one back!). The dealer recommended going with the lease and buying the car outright at the end of the lease, giving us an additional $3,500 savings. Their pricing is $5,000 off the list price to buy outright, or $8,500 off list price to lease. So we got the car for $18,835 (a steal), and they gave us a $5,000 trade-in on a well-worn 2012 Kia Soul. With the settlement money flowing on the Golf SE, we've managed to pick up both cars for around $18,000 each. Money well spent.

Better act fast if you want one! The dealer sold two of their four SportWagens yesterday, as well as a few Jettas.

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
What he said... Just talked to my first dealership that is attempting to price gouge. "I can't tell you the MSRP, I can tell you what I'll sell them for". Sportwagen, stick shift. SE $27,500, SEL $29,682 WITH the 5K off... I sure as hell don't need one that bad. Maybe others will..

What dealer? Seacoast VW? give Quirk in Manchester a call.

Mark_J

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI Passat SEL Premium, 2017 Fiat Spider, 2017 Ford F350 6.7 Diesel crew cab PU, 2016 Harley Trike, 2016 Tesla Model X P90D (I know went to the dark side)
The few west coast VW dealers I have talked to last week and now have told me they have very few 2015 TDI's left. So they are being sold.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
To the best of my knowledge, Tulsa had five, now there are showing two on web site

NOT confirmed with sales staff

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
anyone know how many there were of these 2015s at the start in Canada???

Seems like some dealers are trying to profit due to demand.
5k off is the minimum, w 0% financing
There is a good spreadsheet on the Canadian VW TDI thread on FB which outlines the rebates depending on make/model + payment method
Don't get screwed

there were 12,000 new 2015s in the US inventory, .......

does anyone know how many there were of these 2015s at the start in Canada???

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
'78 Golf Diesel (long gone); 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ DSG
Maybe VW will bring diesels back if they see the demand.

Last edited:

dieselpony

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL 6 speed manual Moonrock Silver
Signed the lease and picked up my 2015 Jetta this afternoon. Great experience at the dealer. MSRP on this Jetta SEL Manual was 27550. Dealer took 500 off MSRP, and 8500 rebate on the lease.

We may end up financing some of the residual, which is about 12,700. Without figuring finance charge on the residual, but including the sales tax we would eventually pay on it, the lease works out to be 3055.46 cheaper than the financing.

YMMV, but look at all the options carefully.

Had a sweet ride home, but lots of stop and go traffic in the twin cities.

dieselpony

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL 6 speed manual Moonrock Silver
Luther Westside. Highly recommend them - quick & painless, and they honor their commitments and then some. Not sure how much inventory they have left. They sold at least 5 TDIs today.