Hit and Run :(

BTL

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 PGM Jetta TDI Premium DSG
1 month old TDI...1300 miles. Someone hit me in my office parking lot. No cameras where the car was parked. Looks like just the rear bumper. Does not appear to be any panel damage, thank God. Just cant believe how someone can hit and drive away.

LarBear

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI DSG
Lousy insurance record or no insurance are two "good" reasons. Then there are the people who are driving a piece of crap and don't care if they run into someone else's car, especially if it's new.

Even just cosmetic damage to a bumper can be expensive unfortunately.

krheude

TDI
None
Just had ours hit on the drivers side rear corner when a lady was pulling into a parking spot and she owned up to it. Pretty much just scuffing to the bumper except for a couple 5 in long by 1/8 wide scrapes down to the black plastic. Absolutely no other damage to the car. Cost was $530 to repair which was covered by her insurance

montana_jeepn

TDI
13 Jetta TDI SEL Premium/NAV
Just had ours hit on the drivers side rear corner when a lady was pulling into a parking spot and she owned up to it. Pretty much just scuffing to the bumper except for a couple 5 in long by 1/8 wide scrapes down to the black plastic. Absolutely no other damage to the car. Cost was $530 to repair which was covered by her insurance
Nice to see there are honest people out there still.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
That sucks. I had that happen with my (then brand new) '03 Jetta. It was less than a month old and had a few hundred miles on it.

LarBear

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI DSG
About 30 years ago shortly before Christmas I watched a woman driving a fairly new Buick (as I remember) catch the "bumper" on an old 3/4T pickup in a mall parking lot. She obviously heard a crunch, stopped, looked around, didn't see anyone - she never looked behind her, so continued on her way. The old pickup shook like crazy as its I beam bumper cut a nice swath in her left rear door. I've wondered how she 'splained that to the old man when he saw it too.:D All she did to the pickup was shake some dirt off it, and leave some of her paint behind.

skinnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
Happened to our Passat a few months ago. Wife Came out and found the drivers headlight busted and the hood crinkled. Our insurance was going to jack our rates so I just bought a headlight assembly and gently massaged the crease out to find the hood with a 2x4 and a rubber mallet.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

jay_fyp

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6MT 2004 Jetta TDI (PD) 5mt R.I.P - 2013 Golf TDI 6mt - 2004 Golf TDI (PD) 5MT
Just bought a dash cam for this.
Looking into this as well since I had a hit and run a few months ago. Which one did you go with? There's so many models.

Racewalker

TDI
2013 Jetta highline tdi sold, 2015 Jetta highline tdi
Haven't had an issue but I have this unit on order.
2013 New Firmware DVR207GS HD720P IR Car Vehicle Dash Camera Cam DVR G-Sensor

Revpeach

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta
I was going down a six lane road in traffic when a cinder block came skidding across the highway. No way to avoid it. It took out my right front tire and crushed the rocker panel. The car only had 7K miles on it so I had it fixed. VW body shop could not buy just a rocker panel, you had to buy to whole side of the car. The checked for me and found an experienced part. Shop did a great job but it was still over a grand to have it fixed. By the way, no one claimed the cinder block.

strayts

TDI
2011 VW Jetta
This has happened to me twice, unfortunately. The first time was with my heavily-modded '90 E34 535i/5 speed (totaled). Second time was a bumper scrape on our '11 TDI we got 2 months ago. Happened 3 weeks after purchase. I feel your pain :(.

BTL

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 PGM Jetta TDI Premium DSG
Thanks all. Taking the car for an estimate tomorrow. It does not appears that there is any damage other than bumper and perhaps related components behind it. Rear quarter and tail appear to be fine.

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
VW hat meinen '14 Passat TDiSE getötet.
1 month old TDI...1300 miles. Someone hit me in my office parking lot. No cameras where the car was parked. Looks like just the rear bumper. Does not appear to be any panel damage, thank God. Just cant believe how someone can hit and drive away.
The more you love your car, the more it is going to break your heart.

Bottom line, love someone who loves you back, buy a puppy :D.

OhhhMyAtdi

TDI
2014 Jetta 6M
My 2014 was hit after having it for a month and 1300 miles. Someone backed into the side of it. Luckily there was only a small dent (1.5 inch across) on the lower accent line with minor scratching on the dent. Went to several body shops, they say the dent is unrepairable and i need an entire new door. They also said they would have to remove the rear quarter panel for paint matching. Its such a bummer. I dont really want half my car taken apart for a tiny dent, a new door from god knows where, and jacked up insurance because I'm a male under 25. Anybody have a remedy for minor scratches? Thinking a detailer could buff it out or something..