Weird Engine Noise

JonRush

TDI
Jetta, 2000, Red
Ok, you guys might have seen my earlier post about my clutch. "Sachs or Luk" I'd like to give some more info as to what my symtoms are because it's really weird. I changed the rear brake pads today. While I was doing that I removed the engine cover to see If I could figure out my problem. Originally I was totally thinking my release bearing was bad, but with the engine cover off it sounds like a lage bolt or something is rattling around inside the engine. The engine shakes a bit when this happens then goes smooth again when the noise stops. When its making this noise I can feel it in the cluth pedal. Ok here's the kicker; to me it sounds like its actually in the engine, but it seems to happen more when the clutch peddle is pushed in. The clutch seems to feel fine when driving and the engine runs smooth. Could a rivet or something be in the tranny? Would a bad release bearing sound like a bolt rattling? I had the timing belt changed at 60K and have 66K on it now. Could something have worked loose? Anybody have a similiar problem?