Sonic Nozzle/Critical Flow Venturi vs Ported Shroud

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'97 B4 w/ 236K mi body, 46K mi soul
It's been tried once in a documented way here on the forums and I'm having difficulty finding out more specifics regarding ported shrouds. I believe I understand how they're working though it seems like their results can be hit or miss. While looking into the concept, I came across this article where there are just a few sentences dedicated to using sonic nozzles to perform the same function.

Trying to find out more information upon their use in this application has turned up dry. That and though I can find a few manufacturers, I have been able to find distributors.

Though ported shrouds do work, are they more beneficial to moving the surge line to the left of the map at higher PR's and mass flow rates? How to CFV's compare in this regard as they can be sized specifically for one area of the map and turned on or off with a simple valve?

Cannot find more information online so I'm coming here to ask as it seems that CFV's may be an older method used for the same effect that was just not carried over when the Internet came about or it just doesn't work too well.