2014 Touareg Suspension Creaking

DieselCanuck

TDI
2013 Golf TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
I have a 2014 Touareg TDI with 62,000 km that has developed a rattle and a creaking sound, which I believe is coming from the rear suspension system. We tow a 6,000 pound boat trailer and more recently a new 25 foot Airstream. So the suspension does get a workout. I would appreciate your guidance as to logical next steps to get this resolved.
The noise became very prominent while we were recently vacationing in Florida. I took it to a VW Dealer there. The Service Manager took it for a quick ride and told me it needed bushings - but he was not anymore specific. I then returned home and took the TReg to my dealer. I was able to discuss with the technician and watch him go-over all parts of the suspension. He used a 5 foot crowbar to “nudge” the suspension to try and get it to creak. Nothing. He then torqued all sub-frame bolts. He told me he felt the car was fine. No unusual tire wear, no signs of anything wrong.
Yet the creaking is still there. Especially when I “torque” the TReg - for example making a sharp turn into an uphill driveway.
The rattle (in the rear) may be un-related. It seems to be temperature sensitive (louder in cold) and of course disappears when I take it to the dealer. Also, I lubricated the gasket for the rear hatch as I could see where that could be the issue. It was not.
Thanks in advance for any input you may have.