Alignment

mrowens33

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta sedan slushbox, 2004 Jetta wagon manual( my Noble Steed)
Has anybody had an issue getting alignments done? My local Farm N Fleet who has always given us good tire service says that they can't do the alignment on my 04 Jetta. Something about needing to load the trunk with sandbags. Does anybody else in the Milwaukee area have any recommendations for a good alignment other than the dealer?

otm646

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 AHU Jetta.
That's a load of BS. Align the car the way you normally drive it. You're not going to adjust anything in the rear on a Mk4 anyway.

Have you looked into your local tire shops?

blazen71

Veteran Member
TDI
All Gone
Hopson Automotive in Waukesha. Good friends with the owner and they are by far the most honest shop I've ever dealt with!

Last edited:

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Has anybody had an issue getting alignments done? My local Farm N Fleet who has always given us good tire service says that they can't do the alignment on my 04 Jetta. Something about needing to load the trunk with sandbags. Does anybody else in the Milwaukee area have any recommendations for a good alignment other than the dealer?
There is tech info out there that says that. Shops that buy in to that info generally refuse.

Lets face it though. On Mk4 Camber and caster are not adjustable. Rear wheels not adjustable. Tow is. Any alignment shop that hooks it to their machine is usually getting full price for just setting tow. Of course they will let you know if camber/caster is out, but they'll simply say, "might have to live with it because its not adjustable.". Seems like they would want to do the highly profitable mk4's since they only have to adjust toe on front.