2005 Passat GLS TDI Wagon—Oakland, CA

llscholes

TDI
2005 Passat TDI Wagon
REDUCED PRICE—WE WANT A TDI LOVER TO LOVE THIS CAR!

We're devastated to have to let go of our beloved TDI, but over the past weekend the heat got the better of her: it overheated on our ride home from Southern California and though we put water/coolant in, it appears we have to get a new head gasket. Since we can't do the work ourselves, it's too expensive of a repair shop job for us.

Since we bought it in 2010, we have done all the TDI Club (Oilhammer's recs!) stuff (Balance Shaft Updgrade done by Harv at Wild Rose in LA) to it, as well as put in a new transmission. It's also got brand new tires (seriously, 2 weeks ago, arghh).

Color: Dark gray, black leather interior which is in great shape, no rips, tears
Automatic
Mileage: 201,500
Price: $2350

See pictures on Craigslist ad here: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6305897143.html

Laura
laura.baedeker@gmail.com

Last edited:

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Aww... That stinks. Do you have a better description of the diagnosis? Is the head gasket leaking externally?

Good luck with the sale.

Jonathan76

TDI
Working on it
Interested in a phone call about this.......

Hi, I'm looking for my first tdi, and yours sounds like something I may be interested in.....

This is my first time in any forum, so the proper etiquette regarding personal info and negotiations in a thread is foreign to me..... Perhaps email is the best method?

Please advise,
Jonathan

fruitcakesa

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 jetta 5 spd wagon
Hi, I'm looking for my first tdi, and yours sounds like something I may be interested in.....
This is my first time in any forum, so the proper etiquette regarding personal info and negotiations in a thread is foreign to me..... Perhaps email is the best method?
Please advise,
Jonathan
Send a PM from this site to the person in question.

llscholes

TDI
2005 Passat TDI Wagon
Pictures coming!

Hi all!
Sorry for not responding. Been dealing with getting a new (used) car. Still waiting to get car back from our repair guys to get pictures (and want to have it detailed, as well). Will get back with photos ASAP. Please PM me if you have questions in the meantime, but will try to respond to each message here, too. Thanks for your patience!

llscholes

TDI
2005 Passat TDI Wagon
Aww... That stinks. Do you have a better description of the diagnosis? Is the head gasket leaking externally?

Good luck with the sale.

Let me check with my repair guys, but I think they wouldn't know the answer unless they took it apart (and charged me for it). The car overheated, we put coolant and water in, but it started blowing white smoke so we just stopped and had it towed. They say it's the head gasket, they just don't know if it's something that can be repaired or if you'd need to replace. Does that help?

Last edited:

llscholes

TDI
2005 Passat TDI Wagon
Please advise,
Jonathan
Hi Jonathan,
You can either private message me through the forum or you can email me: laura.baedeker@gmail.com

Thanks!

llscholes

TDI
2005 Passat TDI Wagon
Finally got the car back from the shop. Didn't have time to get it detailed, but here are some images from this morning. Forgot to mention it has a Euro Hitch!
(photos from my iPhone uploaded upside down, so I just uploaded them to a tumblr site for now)
Pictures here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/laurascholesbaedeker

Last edited:

llscholes

TDI
2005 Passat TDI Wagon
What ended up being the problem with the head/gasket?
Still not sure. They said it could either be blown and we'd need a new one or it could be resurfaced. We didn't want to pay the money to get in there to investigate when we knew either repair with them was more than we wanted to pay.