FS: 06 A4 Avant 6MT quattro TDi

nitec

Vendor
TDI
1.9TDi PD
Folks,
I've taken this project as far as I wanted to so it's time to let somebody else enjoy it...

2006 A4 Avant 6spd quattro TDi

https://youtu.be/efAIDWX88oY

Engine:
- BEW PD (04 Jetta) base
- bored out to 2.0 using BHW pistons
- all new crank bearings and seals
- all new timing belt including pulleys and water pump
- T25 8V high flow turbo manifold
- Holset He200 4cm turbo
- EGR/ASV/MAF delete
- Euro BPW A4 ECU, engine harness and accessory bracket
- 4 bar map sensor
- custom turbo back Magnaflow exhaust using high flow diesel cat and muffler
- custom 2 micron CAT fuel filter
- 7V glow plugs
- 22lbs steel single mass flywheel and heavy duty clutch/pressure plate kit
- brand new BHW starter
- brand new engine and transmission mounts
- brand new cam and cam followers

Chassis:

- Bilstein HD shocks (new)
- all new front suspension including all control arms, tie rods, bearings etc
- RS4 rear sway bar
- 6spd manual transmission
- new brakes all around
- 17" BBS wheels with new Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 Oval tires, 17" S4 wheels with Kumho KW22 studded winters and a spare set of 17" AMG converted wheels are included

Engine has reached 10000km since compete rebuild and is well broken in... The cam, cam followers, timing belt and turbo all have less than 2k on them...the car is QC plated and shouldn't need anything for safety. ..tune can be adjusted as per buyer preferences. ..

Msg for more details. ..lots of spare parts available, price is negotiable...I`m sure I`m forgetting tons of stuff...I've got about $30k in this build - would like to see $12.5k CAD (10k USD) for the car
here's the build thread:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=436378

Last edited:

nitec

Vendor
TDI
1.9TDi PD
booked for next week with a quick tuning session with Demon Diesel to make sure everything is 100% :)

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
Im in the market for a DIESELGATE replacement, so it's too bad this isn't ONtario CAlifornia.

This would be mine.

Can't wait to see the dyno numbers.

Good luck.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Im in the market for a DIESELGATE replacement, so it's too bad this isn't ONtario CAlifornia.

This would be mine.

Can't wait to see the dyno numbers.

Good luck.

Unfortunately, I don't think we can register this in California till at least 2031.

Don't think Audi sold an A6 TDI in California or the U.S. in 2006. Really is too bad for us.

Looking forward to the dyno numbers also.

nitec

Vendor
TDI
1.9TDi PD
yeah I guess Cali is a pretty restrictive...I don't know how you guys do your registrations but technically this is a clean title A4 gasser...over here nobody will blink an eye...even the e-test people won't bother to open the hood to check the engine...

keaton85

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf MK4
This is what I really want to do to my 07 S-line avant, wish I could buy this and swap everything over, but the wife would kill me. :(

Freeze Plug

Veteran Member
TDI
Turd Sandwich
yeah I guess Cali is a pretty restrictive...I don't know how you guys do your registrations but technically this is a clean title A4 gasser...over here nobody will blink an eye...even the e-test people won't bother to open the hood to check the engine...
should be able to import into the US no problem, the emissions side of things may get ugly depending where new buyer lives

nitec

Vendor
TDI
1.9TDi PD
coming up on Saturday...I make a good smoke show on the road so let's hope that translates to numbers on the dyno :)

nitec

Vendor
TDI
1.9TDi PD
the numbers are in:

215 hp / 300 ftlbs at the wheels...

for anybody actually considering this I'd be happy to bring the price down and offer the car with standard BEW injectors and a smaller He211 turbo to reduce the price...there's lots that can be negotiated on this sale

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
I'm assuming that's rust showing on the wheel well of the first photo; what kind of shape is the rest of the body in?
How many km on the body?

nitec

Vendor
TDI
1.9TDi PD
yes - the standard A4 rust is on both front fenders. The body is at 225k km and has your standard wear and tear on it. The trunk has a few bubbles on it but nothing has popped up yet. Mechanically the body is solid - it's just cosmetic rust...I suppose the result of many years of ON salt...

nitec

Vendor
TDI
1.9TDi PD
the A4 is back up for sale...I've got a few other projects coming up so I'd like to see this in a new home for 2018

it dynoed 215awhp and 310 ftlbs with the R783 nozzles (sold separately)...currently running stock BEW injectors

Last edited:

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Nice build. Also wish it were importable. Enjoy the -23C temp and your bare hands. We northerners are a unique lot. Good luck finding someone who will appreciate it.