2011 Jetta Sportwagon TDI won't accel

TDISahuarita

TDI
2011 Sportwagon
Howdy Everyone,
Your help would be greatly appreciated. We have a 2011 Sport wagon TDI. It has been a great car other then the A/C compressor going out at about 90k It has been trouble free we have 106k on it now. My wife was driving the car Tuesday afternoon on her way home the coil light and check engine light came on and the car went into limp mode. She was able to pull into the gas station. The car still runs and idles fine but you accelerate. I towed the car home scanned it. Had one code P0087. I changed the Fuel filter and the old one didn't look bad. When you start the car the light doesn't come on but as soon as you start to accel it comes on. Looking for a good place to start or if anyone has and good tips
Thanks

Roshermoore

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW DSG sunroof
Low Fuel Rail Pressure

That's one of the codes for low fuel rail pressure. Not to scare you, but just in case you need to search on this forum for "HPFP". Much reading.

TDISahuarita

TDI
2011 Sportwagon
Howdy,
little update on the Wagon. I took it to a local shop Tuesday and had them confirm the problem and get a quote to see if I could afford to get it back together. The HPOP fuel pump did in fact come apart and metal shavings were in the entire fuel system. Stuttgart Autohaus was very honest and called the dealer to verify getting it repaired under warranty. The dealer is going to cover the repair on the fuel system. So after having the car park for 4 months. It should be back on the road Monday.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Glad to hear of the positive outcome and thankyou for the update; we all appreciate the final news.