Techtronics Tuning Sound File??

sudburytdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta, Platinum Grey
Was wondering if anyone has a sound file from a TDI jetta running a Techtronics Stainless 2.5" cat-back system???????

Thinking about getting one but would be nice to hear it first, have an idea of the sound. ;)

mkosem

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDi
I know TDIRay has on on his Golf. I thought it sounded nice. But as most will tell you, it's really not worthwhile to put a catback on a TDI. You just won't get your money's worth...

--Mat

fastvicar

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, Indian Red
...unless your OEM system is going bad anyway. Still expensive, though.

I really like mine due to the quietness of it. Outside the car under full acceleration there is a very slight growl, but inside I can only hear the engine--not the exhaust.

AtomicSushi

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Black Golf GL
I have one. Its quiet but had a great note. At WOT it roars but still not as loud as my old dynomax race exhaust. The 2.5" mandrel bend piping is nice. There won't be much performance gain though over stock and not much over a mufflerectomy but its a very mature, high quality way to add some growl.

But its (more) expensive and ultimately the return on investment is not as good as just hacking off the muffler and putting on a good tip.
That said, I really like mine but don't bother until you are literally can't think of what else to do with your car.