Last minute TDI offer from neighbour

miniion26

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Mercedes E320 CDI
Long story short, my neighbour has a 2011 Jetta Wagen that he just parked on his lawn with a "for sale" sign.
He's asking 10 000, I did the math and I could buy it and either return it or get the fix. About 115 000 miles. My question is: Is it too late?
If I do the deal tomorrow, would I have to upload the bill of sale and the title before the 1st of September, and would they accept the title which is not mine?
I have been looking through the threads, but found nothing regarding this.
Thank you in advance!

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I wouldn't chance it. The neighborly thing to do would be to inform him of the deadline and buyback value. Maybe it already got the fix or is ineligible for some other reason.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
As a private individual, you must upload a valid registration and a title in your name. Only dealers can upload it with a bill of sale and previous owner's title.

I am a dealer and would be interested in buying it. I will give you a hefty finder's fee.

PM me with VIN and contact info.

duratitus

Veteran Member
TDI
Several different models. Selling them back to VW
Also, even if you were able to complete the purchase, and obtain and upload copies of the title and registration in your name today or tomorrow, it is very possible that your neighbor has already had the approved emissions modification completed on his car.

Most TDI's on the market today already have the AEM completed.

miniion26

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Mercedes E320 CDI
Walked over in order to make an offer, and couldn't do it. I told him about the settlement instead. Wish it was a stranger, made it would've made things easier....
Anyway, thanks for the input, fellas.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I'd be more curious as to why isn't he filing paperwork for a buyback himself.

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
Walked over in order to make an offer, and couldn't do it. I told him about the settlement instead. Wish it was a stranger, made it would've made things easier....
If he's not a stranger and a neighbor..how come you never talked with him about it before? or am I reading it wrong??:confused:

jp77texags

TDI
14 each, 2015 Touareg, 2015 Beetle, Passat, Jetta, Golf., 2014 Passat and Jetta, 2013 Passat and Jetta, 2012 Jetta 3 each, etc.

You did the right thing.
He is your neighbor and that's what your suppose to do!!
I also hope you helped him out in getting it claimed.

Imagine what he would have felt towards you if you bought it from him and he found out you sold it for a huge profit to VW?

I know two TDI owners that were not aware of this program and where elated when informed of it.

You talk about some goodwill. Yeah buddy thats what I am talking about!!

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf

Good on you. Treat your neighbor as you would like to be treated yourself.