CR140 Stage 3

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
1700F is 926c, The turbo is designed to handle more than that, the tune is designed to limit EGTs to that.

MIVWTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
12 JSW DSG (RIP), 15 GSW
Stage III DSG

The green pull was done in 3rd gear
The blue was done in 4th gear
The red was in 5th

The EGT's most be a little high. That's why there is a power dip at high rpm's. When the car is on the highway you don't feel the dip because the air flow is better. This probably keeps the EGT's lower according to Mark Malone.

Last edited:

MIVWTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
12 JSW DSG (RIP), 15 GSW
Any issues with Stage 3 and DSG?

Do you have 2Micron HPFP protection kits on?
No issues at all with the DSG. I hope it stays like that!

The power and shifting is silky smooth!

There is no 2Micron on the car. Andrew is still perfecting the Stage III kit.

Last edited:

Paulinski

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta Wagon Highline
Thanks. Your sig states 2 Micron hence why I asked.

I just paid for the turbo yesterday. I have both of Andrews kits but the pure flow will come off until Andrew has high flow version working...

MIVWTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
12 JSW DSG (RIP), 15 GSW
Thanks. Your sig states 2 Micron hence why I asked.

I just paid for the turbo yesterday. I have both of Andrews kits but the pure flow will come off until Andrew has high flow version working...
Sig is updated. GL with the turbo!

Paulinski

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta Wagon Highline
So you're still hitting the EGT limiter with CR170 turbo and S3 IC?

I understand Mark's reasoning between dyno pulls and hwy.

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta CR140, 2010 Corvette Z06
Im going to assume your EGT's are high because of the injection duration...
Once the community gets the fueling upgrades finished.. this should be a reduced issue....

BuzzKen

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
Once the community gets the fueling upgrades finished.. this should be a reduced issue....

Oh please, do elaborate on this solution......

v8 coupe

Veteran Member
TDI
09 rabbit 2.5L Gas
I will only say yes most likely this is a case. I will leave all other stuff to other treads.

Cr170 seems to be a really nice upgrade for most of the cars here.

eddjmemg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta
Looks like it would be a very interesting mod. Especially if you can keep the car as stock looking n sounding as possible with some performance gains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AudiTTim

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI Malone II
Hey guys, read this entire thread today. I have a stage 2 dpf delete golf and spoke with Andrew today about the 170 turbo.. he guided me to this thread. I ordered darksides egr delete today, and am waiting for the turbos to become a little more availble before upgrading... am I good with my current exhaust system? I currently run RAWTEK downpipe 3" to a 2.5" midpipe and catback... totally straight piped... Would upgrading to a full 3" hurt? I have heard others talk about boost fluctuation issues with the 140 turbo and a full 3". I assume it will work better with a 170.

Anyway, thank you all for your information. I also have that neuspeed turbo damper delete pipe on my car as well. Will that work with the 170 turbo and TIP?

Thanks to all and hope to see some of you at sowo!

Last edited:

bloc

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI
No EGT limiter here, as far as I can tell.

CR170 turbo, Darkside HP EGR delete, LP EGR and cooler removed, Rawtek downpipe & midpipe with their resonator & high-flow cat, stock cat-back, out-of-the-box stage 3 malone tune.

Tune is very clean.. soot slowly built in the tailpipe and there is a tiny bit on the back of the car, but as hard as I try, I cannot detect any hint of smoke behind the car.. even at night with headlights behind me.

1dieselsteve

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 TDI Jetta
Hey guys, read this entire thread today. I have a stage 2 dpf delete golf and spoke with Andrew today about the 170 turbo.. he guided me to this thread. I ordered darksides egr delete today, and am waiting for the turbos to become a little more availble before upgrading... am I good with my current exhaust system? I currently run RAWTEK downpipe 3" to a 2.5" midpipe and catback... totally straight piped... Would upgrading to a full 3" hurt? I have heard others talk about boost fluctuation issues with the 140 turbo and a full 3". I assume it will work better with a 170.

Anyway, thank you all for your information. I also have that neuspeed turbo damper delete pipe on my car as well. Will that work with the 170 turbo and TIP?

Thanks to all and hope to see some of you at sowo!

I'm running a 3inch exhaust from turbo to axle back without issues and have the stock turbo

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
as am i...your boost fluctuation your talking about is egt limiter and if anything 3 inch will cool faster

AudiTTim

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI Malone II
thanks guys... just what i heard.. i never had any issue with it fluctuating either.

anybody know if the neuspeed turbo damper will fit?

ibexlatham

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 Jetta TDI 6spd - dead
thanks guys... just what i heard.. i never had any issue with it fluctuating either.

anybody know if the neuspeed turbo damper will fit?
The neuspeed turbo damper will work if the turbo is the correct version. The euro cars use the same damper as the US cars and they have the same plastic and metal versions.... earlier part numbers of the CR170 turbo will still have a flat flange which means it uses the metal damper, later versions have the protrusion for the plastic damper. The later ones are the correct ones for the neuspeed damper.

AudiTTim

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI Malone II
The neuspeed turbo damper will work if the turbo is the correct version. The euro cars use the same damper as the US cars and they have the same plastic and metal versions.... earlier part numbers of the CR170 turbo will still have a flat flange which means it uses the metal damper, later versions have the protrusion for the plastic damper. The later ones are the correct ones for the neuspeed damper.
Thank you!

fede179070

Veteran Member
TDI
VW
Hello everyone, I will probably be doing the stage 2 with DPF delete in the near future.
I eventually plan on doing a full stage 3 upgrade further down the road.
This leads me to what down pipe to buy. Rawtek (3"), Dieseldubs( 2.75) or the Buzzken (2.5")?

Thanks!

Federico

homer8869

TDI
2009 JSW
If you are looking at doing upgrades down the road, I would go with a 3". I'm pretty sure that dieseldubs and buzzken both offer a 3" option. Rawtek only offers the 3" however.

fede179070

Veteran Member
TDI
VW
If you are looking at doing upgrades down the road, I would go with a 3". I'm pretty sure that dieseldubs and buzzken both offer a 3" option. Rawtek only offers the 3" however.
So the 2.5 option would be too restrictive with the bigger Cr 170 turbo?

Thanks a lot for the input!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I'm hard pressed to see a need for anything larger than a 2.5" exhaust for a 2.0L engine at these power levels.

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
I wouldn't sweat the size. My passat will be running 2.5" exhaust hopefully pushing over 300hp soon :)

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta CR140, 2010 Corvette Z06
I was originally 2.5 with DPE dpf setup.. but after moving to Florida, the welds were leaking and had tons of rust from the salt air... and it never did fit the curves of the routing from the turbo to the exhuast correctly with the occasional rubbing off the car due to the larger turbo setup being just slightly off from the stock location.... so instead of band-aiding it.. i recreated the entire exhaust out of 3inch and put 4 inch resonator i got off craigslist for $25 bucks on and finished the 4 inch to the rear and it felt no different in the power.. and my egt's stayed about the same from logs.. soooo i dont think anything larger than 2.5 is really important.. as long as its free flowing..